Roper Moto-Mower 10-327
Originally Posted by battlechaser
-New tires (probably X tracs)
-Change the oil in the motor and the auger differential
-Grease everything that has a fitting with snowmobile grease
-Pick up a few bolts and new shear pins
I'll probably wait till next summer to strip most of it down and give it a paint job. As it sits...
Last edited by battlechaser; 09-04-2017 at 04:41 PM.
So I've got it together and run it through a few snowfalls. It seems to be running well, I find it chews powder for lunch, but isn't a huge fan of the super wet stuff. I still have to do the impeller mod though, so hopefully that will lead to some improvement. The tires are pretty much shot, but I've just taken to airing them up before use. Also need to make a belt cover and chute extension as well as replace the old shear pins, but definitely happy I'm not shoveling my driveways by hand. Also up-sized my auger pulley to try and gain a little more RPM on the second stage which seems to work well, (went from about 2.5" to 3.15") still has enough torque to move all but the wettest slush. It would be nice to have a little more power, but the little 6.5hp seems to throw snow fine for the most part. Also was pleasantly surprised to find a new friction disc in the machine when I tore into it as well. Thinking Xtracs in the spring, and around that time tear it down for paint and maybe do a power chute mod as well. We'll see.
Last edited by battlechaser; 12-23-2017 at 04:12 AM.