Noma Snowblower Auger Bear8ng - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
So today I decided to see if I could use the belt fingers to stop belt from spinning. No go then I watched a few youtube videos didn't care which onea they were to see what the belt looked like on the top pulley and it looked to be to small.

Now the only problem with me putting a bigger belt on the machine is that there really isn't any thing to hold it in place from falling off the pulley. Not sure if someone took the belt guides off or what. It just the 2 pulleys and the fingers coming off the engine.

Still have no idea what that piece under the idler pully does. If that was part of the brake at one point or not

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 10-13-2018, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Does anyone know this. I was talking to a guy the other day at a small engine and machine repair shop about my auger belt. He said if I go for a larger belt it should be about a inch bigger. Right now I have a 35 1/2 inch belt on right now and said to go to a 36 1/2 inch belt.

Does this sound right

post #13 of 18 Old 10-13-2018, 11:39 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
an extra inch might be too much depends on machine, see if they have a 1/2" longer one and test both out....but your idler pulley in pics is adjusted to its furthest extension which would keep more tension on belt. loosen pulley bolt and slide pulley back
in the pick the idler pulley is set all the way back.
the bottom arrow is the brake

edit:nm, i got my sense of direction all mixed up on the pulley placement. in my pic its set for max belt tension and in ur pic its set for the least tension

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	augeridlerpulley.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	147307  

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vinnycom; 10-13-2018 at 12:00 PM.
post #14 of 18 Old 10-13-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycom View Post
an extra inch might be too much depends on machine, see if they have a 1/2" longer one and test both out....but your idler pulley in pics is adjusted to its furthest extension which would keep more tension on belt. loosen pulley bolt and slide pulley back
in the pick the idler pulley is set all the way back.
the bottom arrow is the brake

edit:nm, i got my sense of direction all mixed up on the pulley placement. in my pic its set for max belt tension and in ur pic its set for the least tension

My tensioner is totally backed off on mine and it still spins the auger. It isn't at the moment touching the belt.

Last edited by bambamshere; 10-13-2018 at 01:30 PM.
post #15 of 18 Old 10-15-2018, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
So I bought a 36 inch belt today haven't installed it yet but figured I would go 1/2 inch at a time and see how it works. Sure I will find proper belt for.

post #16 of 18 Old 10-18-2018, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamshere View Post
So I bought a 36 inch belt today haven't installed it yet but figured I would go 1/2 inch at a time and see how it works. Sure I will find proper belt for.

For anyone out there that doesn't know the belt is a 35 1/2 inch

post #17 of 18 Old 10-30-2018, 12:07 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamshere View Post
See I got the snowblower a couple years ago and the auger was spinning then. Some one did some work on this and I think they were lazy and instead of finding the part they needed. They took a couple parts of and made it just spin. Now I have to figure out the proper way of doing it with out a manual. The small engine place up the street helps a lot and this site but ya.

Anyways there is no belt brake on this machine. At least nothing I can find.

I was just looking at this picture and wondering what this piece actually doea under the tensioner pulley. Could this piece could have been turned around and that is the brake. It just catches the belt.

bambamshere,

I believe that the bracket attached to the arm for the Auger Idler is installed incorrectly. In my opinion, it should be positioned on the other side of the arm (same side as the pulley) and perhaps rotated 180 ?

The general idea is that when the Auger Idler is disengaged, something on the retracted arm creates friction against the auger belt/pulley - preventing the loose belt from slowly turning the auger pulley.

I own a 1975 Baycrest/Noma 826. I will look to see whether the Auger Idler arm and linkage is similar to yours and post again.
post #18 of 18 Old 10-30-2018, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
K thank you. I know that it had the wrong belt on it. I put the right belt on and it does stop now but takes about 10 to 15 seconds to stop..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page