LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Noma Snowblower Auger Bear8ng

Hello I was wondering how hard if a job this is. I have watched a few youtube vidwos on it.

The reason I am doing this is because I have adjusted just about everything there is to adjust and backed off just about everything to back off and the auger will not stop moving at idle even when my hand is nowhere near machine. Someone said to change the bearing. The pulley moves up and down. Not a lot but it does. Since it was built in 1992 I figure it is probably never been done.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Last edited by bambamshere; 10-10-2018 at 12:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 01:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 75
Thanks (Received): 185
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 647
maybe check the belt guides on the small pulleys and bring them closer to the sheaves....that will loosen the belt around the bottom pulley and cause it to slip more.
post #3 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 58
Thanks (Received): 66
Likes (Given): 55
Likes (Received): 164
if pulley moves up and down and all around then most def needs a new bearing, do it asap time permitting.
as for auger moving even at idle it would not be because of bearing.

either the belt too short in length or its idler pulley or lever for the auger is out of adjustment, check the brake and see what its doing when lever is not engaged, brake is part of the idler pulley

with belt cover off take a vid of the idler pulley/brake when lever is engaged and when its not. just upload the vid to utube

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vinnycom; 10-09-2018 at 03:13 PM.
post #4 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Ok sounds good just bearing off. Not sure of the brake as I have no manual for this machine. I have been looking for one but haven't found it.

Anyone have a picture of a auger brake so I know what I am looking for. I have the machine apart right now so I should be able to look at it.

It's a noma snow king snow blower.

post #5 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 09:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 58
Thanks (Received): 66
Likes (Given): 55
Likes (Received): 164
brake will be a part if this idler pulley, look/take a pic behind it where the arrow is pointing.
make sure u have correct length of belt

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	augerbrake.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	147211  

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

Last edited by vinnycom; 10-09-2018 at 09:09 PM.
post #6 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 09:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 202
Likes (Received): 287
I could be wrong, but I don't think that belt is supposed to be cogged (have teeth).
It's a Noma with a Tecumseh snow king engine
We can help you so much more if we had a model number. If you can't find one at least give us a wide view of the whole machine and perhaps we can get closer to finding what you need.

Edit: Doh. I was not reading very well was I. The toothed belt still seems odd to me but it's not the one you are having issues with. Here is a photo of an old (Noma DNA based) Craftsman machine I have. The auger brake on this one drops the small pad into the exposed part of the auger pulley when disengaged.

Last edited by dbert; 10-09-2018 at 10:22 PM.
post #7 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Ok I took some pictures of stuff. Model #. The belt is brand new and was just put on. The belt with the teeth is my drive belt. My auger belt is a vbelt. The # for belt is in the picture. I am also wondering how many belt fingers is this machine supposed to have. Are the supposed to be round. I have L shaped pieces of metal bolted on to engine. They don't seem like the are original.

Anyways take a look a pictures hope they help.

Last edited by bambamshere; 10-09-2018 at 11:07 PM.
post #8 of 19 Old 10-09-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Dbert there was no picture there to look at. Pleaae try to resend thanks

post #9 of 19 Old 10-10-2018, 12:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 202
Likes (Received): 287
A Canadian Noma. I've seen those pop up a time or two here with the Gran Prix or Canadiana names.
I didn't see your belt number on the Noma list here.
NOMA Belt size, length, width for NOMA belts by part number.
I didn't see it listed under the Murray listings either so that makes me suspicious of the completeness of the list.

I don't know why my photos are not showing here lately.
I'll post as an attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	php.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	147215  
post #10 of 19 Old 10-10-2018, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thank You for showing the belts. I only have one problem I have no idea how long the belt should be.

See I got the snowblower a couple years ago and the auger was spinning then. Some one did some work on this and I think they were lazy and instead of finding the part they needed. They took a couple parts of and made it just spin. Now I have to figure out the proper way of doing it with out a manual. The small engine place up the street helps a lot and this site but ya.

Anyways there is know bel brake on this machine. At least nothing I can find. Sure wish I could find a shop manual for it.

Plus I am trying to figure out if it had 4 belt fingers or just 2 and how they are supposed to be adjusted an if they are supposed to be round or these 2 L shaped metal pieces.

I was just looking at thia picture and wondering what this piece actually doea under the tensioner pulley. Could this piece could have been turned around and that is the brake. It just catches the belt.

Last edited by bambamshere; 10-10-2018 at 02:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page