LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-05-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Who can identify this part

The snow blower is a cheap Chinese JZ Power model. I've destroyed the auger worm gear and need to replace it, but I can't identify the part. It's a 20 tooth gear with an outside diameter of 70mm and an inside diameter of 20mm with a width of 18mm. I'm contemplating buying an MTD 917 0528a, does anyone have the dimensions of this part?

Also, I kind of messed up the auger pulley getting to the auger gearbox, short story, it lost the battle with a grinder... So I'll need to replace that as well. Here's a photo, I've not seen one like it anywhere. It's using two belts, one in each groove. Anyone know if they've seen anything similar?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	65793  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 341
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1095
MTD runs 2 auger belts on some of their stuff. I do not know if they still do.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 12-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 679
Likes (Given): 3830
Likes (Received): 1472
Garage
Welcome to the forum Barnacle

Besides the photo it might be helpful if you gave the model and serial number of the unit.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 12-05-2015 at 03:03 PM.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
Barnacle, Taking a wild azz guess it's similar to the Chinese Powersmart brand Home Depot is selling. I found this parts list. Check call out #170 in the schematic, part #8123-765501. Can't find the part or dimensions by google search. Search shows these are imported by Amerisun, Inc. of Illinois. 1-800-791-9458 Maybe your google will show something closer to you as a contact?

http://www.amerisuninc.com/manual/db7651_parts_list.pdf

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt liked this post
post #5 of 7 Old 12-07-2015, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
some more details

Many thanks to all those that have tried to help identifying the part. I found a worm gear that fits, but I really need that big pulley for the auger.

Unfortunately the snowblower seems to be a generic chinese import, I cant find a single identifying mark/serial number on it all.

I've been doing some research and the snowblower goes under lots of different names (mainly sold via Alibaba), but it's very similar to this model:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...7.29.37.YKlHvH

it's a 13HP 375cc loncin motor, tracked (friction disc), it says OPM SnowPro on my model, but I think that's just a sticker that's slapped on by whoever sells it. I did notice that when I took the auger gear box apart, there was a brand name embossed onto the box itself 'JZ'. which looking further into the market seems like JZ Power ltd in China - they even sell a model similar on Alibaba. I've contacted them to see if they will supply a replacement big Pulley, but I'm not holding my breath.

when I get back from work tonight, I'll stick up a picture of the auger shaft and the dimensions. Hoping I dont have to buy a whole new auger unit (ensemble) - FYI I'm selling it as I dont need it any more, but want to sell it working (unless it's going to cost a fortune to repair then it's sold as parts, lots of them )
post #6 of 7 Old 12-07-2015, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
PS - JTClays I think you may be onto something with the Amerisun, the part looks very similar to ref 49, I'll contact them to see if they have some more details
post #7 of 7 Old 12-20-2015, 07:37 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 3
Assuming that this snowblower is a 13hp Loncin,this parts list might be interesting:

https://www.schneefraesen-kroemer.de...it_preisen.pdf

I have one.

There are several videos on youtube that shows this Kroemer version.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page