Alice...Sweet Allis - Page 10 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 97 Old 02-02-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 177
Thanks (Received): 156
Likes (Given): 1636
Likes (Received): 381
With warm weather right around the corner, I prepped the Briggs for final coats of paint.

Anticipating being able to mount her back-up, I pulled-out the old iron fleet ...

...so that I could rearrange the shed and throw a set of chains on her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
('72 Sears 3520)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
('89 Toro 824)

('70 Allis-Chalmers Tracker-7)

('80 Toro 724)

('95 Ariens ST724) --> Sold

('71 Ariens 910965 SnoThro 524)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 02-02-2019, 10:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 342
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccat View Post
With warm weather right around the corner, I prepped the Briggs for final coats of paint.

Anticipating being able to mount her back-up, I pulled-out the old iron fleet ...

...so that I could rearrange the shed and throw a set of chains on her.
MAZEL TOV on That 1. BROTHER CC.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks classiccat thanked for this post
post #93 of 97 Old 02-03-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
MAZEL TOV on That 1. BROTHER CC.
Thanks T!

I'm excited to fire-up this old briggs again; her and her fancy new exhaust valve guide that I swapped out awhile back.

This is the tap/puller grabbing hold of the worn-out guide

Slipped out with minimal effort using the kit shown a few posts back.

The new one was pressed in until it bottomed-out and i used the supplied ream to get it to spec.

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

post #94 of 97 Old 02-03-2019, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Final coats of Johnson Outboard paint on the old Briggs.

I like the almond tint ...gives it that vintage vibe

...the big question will be how well this paint holds up to fuel spills.

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

post #95 of 97 Old 02-10-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I did some welding on the chute and re-mounted the original '69 Briggs yesterday (off for exhaust valve guide replacement and repaint):

I'm trying this more modern muffler / deflector mainly to keep the exhaust out of my face when i'm making carb adjustments (getting to the idle mixture screw is a royal PITA).

This engine is the easiest I've ever had to start... pops-off about 1/2 way through the 1st pull.

If I want to keep this muffler, i need to enlarge the muffler hole a bit as it melted the outboard paint where it was touching:

Don't worry about the soot...it was running really rich when it first fired-up and i had moly coating the valve stem from the valve guide replacement.

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes scrappy, Grunt liked this post
post #96 of 97 Old 02-10-2019, 09:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 547
My Tracker 7 has tranny issues that I've been unable to resolve...got a parts machine to swap a new one into....
post #97 of 97 Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post
My Tracker 7 has tranny issues that I've been unable to resolve...got a parts machine to swap a new one into....
that sucks cranman! the slide-gear transmission looks pretty straightforward. the most complexity i see in the parts breakdown is the planetary gear assembly that they call the "low speed pulley" connected to the transmission input shaft. You have to keep it pumped-up with grease.

My only transmission issue is that I can't seem to get the fill-level plug off so I've been filling it with SAE30 by eyeballing-it through the fill-hole...erring on the high-side of course.

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

Last edited by classiccat; 02-10-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page