Type of Motor Oil - Page 8 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 73 Old 03-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 7
Yes probably -snake oil- ha , but l do not put in much. Did finally get to use my new deluxe 30 efi and put her to the test (40 cm plus of hard packed snow), Will give some detailed pros and cons later. In all , l am satisfied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 73 Old 03-03-2020, 12:15 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 4
I will admit that I have used Marvel Mystery Oil in some of my older 2 stroke weed wackers and backpack blowers as a fuel additive. Just a cap full or so. True story... I bought a brand new Echo BP500T Backpack blower off a guy who had run regular gas in it and seized it. Got it for $50. Drove 7 hours total to get it! I was going to use it for parts. Over last winter I kept adding MMO in the cylinder through the spark plug hole every week. I would try and pull on the recoil each time. Lo and behold after a month the piston started to move. Eventually it was totally free. Last spring I mixed a heavier oil to gas mixture than what it usually runs, 25:1, I believe. Cleaned the plug and fired it up. I smoked out the surrounding neighbors for a while but the thing ran and idled great. I slowly leaned out the gas / oil mix and it stopped smoking and runs great! My wife uses that one as it is lighter than my vintage Solo BP blower that was converted from an orchard sprayer to a leaf blower. I have even added a little MMO to the gas in my Kubota lawn tractor. If nothing else the stuff has a great history behind it. Burt Pierce and the Marvel Carburetor!
post #73 of 73 Old 03-03-2020, 12:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 5
MMO is a honestly great product. I've used it several time on new and old cars to free things up, and make noises go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page