LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 4
Confirmation

Hey guys, I bought a 24" Deluxe last February. I only got to use it once on a small snow. I really don't need anything bigger than a 24". I also really liked the Toro PowerMax HD 826. It was several hundred more for the Toro so I couldn't justify it. Now I am wondering up I should have spent the extra money. I've read a lot of bad post about the Auto Turn, and now this year Ariens increased the motor size on the unit, and changed the wheel placement to help with the Auto Turn. Just wanting to hear that I didn't make a dumb decision with the Ariens? I know stupid post, but I tend to over think everything.

Thanks

Ariens 24" Deluxe
My First Snowblower
No No No I don't shovel it no more.
Got tired of waking up on the floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 03:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 2
Are you happy with it?
post #3 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Don't know yet haven't been able to use it enough. Just hoping the quality is as good.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 05:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 120
Likes (Received): 157
Garage
Auto-Turn users with the stock steel skids seemed less happy than those with the Ariens accessory plastic skids, or a skid with a larger surface area. Ariens acknowledged the advantage of their plastic skids but were hesitant to make the plastic skid standard. They noted that they had less complaints from the Pro model owners and considered the very light front end to be the reason. So made a light front end more common on their new machines this year (2017 models) as a low key "solution".

Auto-Turn usually works perfectly on smooth surfaces, but benefits from the low friction plastic skids on rough surfaces. I like the Auto-Turn with my plastic skids and I also like the heavier weighted front end on my machine. I have used light weight front ends with most machines and they seem great in the showroom. But on snow they are very tiring to use since you need to pull up on the handlebars to avoid the snow from lifting the bucket over the top of the snow. Your 2016 Deluxe has the heavier front end that will tend to keep the bucket planted. So try the stock setup and if you find a squirrely front end then just get the plastic skids.

Good luck.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
post #5 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I have the plastic skids, but have not installed them yet . Was waiting until I wore out the stock ones first. If it doesn't work well after the first snow storm, I will install them. Thanks

Ariens 24" Deluxe
My First Snowblower
No No No I don't shovel it no more.
Got tired of waking up on the floor.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 06:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town View Post
I also like the heavier weighted front end on my machine. I have used light weight front ends with most machines and they seem great in the showroom. But on snow they are very tiring to use since you need to pull up on the handlebars to avoid the snow from lifting the bucket over the top of the snow.
Whats weird is that I've seen a few folks say they don't like the new wheel placement of the ariens, so they bought a Toro. But Toro is also very balanced with a light front end, and people seem to love Toro.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Well my neighbor has had a toro for years. Of course he has never offered to help or let me use it. Last year during snowmgedan he was running his Toro from 1 drive way to another and he was just shooting the snow with the quick stick to exactly where he wanted. I just hope that I can do the same. I can't shovel another hugh snow. Will an Ariens 24 deluxe eat through a big ass snow if I need it.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 07:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 79
Likes (Received): 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty4ut View Post
Hey guys, I bought a 24" Deluxe last February. I only got to use it once on a small snow. I really don't need anything bigger than a 24". I also really liked the Toro PowerMax HD 826. It was several hundred more for the Toro so I couldn't justify it. Now I am wondering up I should have spent the extra money. I've read a lot of bad post about the Auto Turn, and now this year Ariens increased the motor size on the unit, and changed the wheel placement to help with the Auto Turn. Just wanting to hear that I didn't make a dumb decision with the Ariens? I know stupid post, but I tend to over think everything.

Thanks
I agree with Town and his well said post. I know they did revise the axle position but I am unaware of any power increase on the Deluxe 24 model.

I would give it a chance it is a well made machine and you shouldn't have any issues with Auto-Turn and if you do your poly skid shoes should remedy them. Best of luck with it and let's hope for some real snow this year. We only had that one 15 inch storm last winter along with a few dustings.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page