LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-08-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Carburetor Question

Hello, I'm new to the forum and looking forward to learning more about my old Arien's Sno Thro. Forum's like this have helped me tremendously with car repairs. I have not had it running it in a few years due to work overload, but now I have time to get it back in operation. Compression is good. Due to the lack of a spark, I have a new condenser and points and to install, but the carb. was also leaking when it was last used. I was going to get a re-build kit, but I see that Amazon has complete carburetors for $30 or less vs. $90 that I had seen at other small engine parts sites. Does anyone have experience with these low cost carburetors? The engine is an H60-75003F, but I can't tell what the Sno Thro model is since the decal is mostly scraped off. From researching the part numbers I need a 631827 carb., but that exact carb. is not available for the low prices I have seen. There is a 631628 for under $20 which is also for H60 engines. It looks like the choke lever is different, but maybe I could just swap the lever from the old card. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-08-2016, 03:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 280
YEP - those are made in China copies and they are pretty good. I have done quite a few of swaps on them. Just swap out the choke levers and your in business. Some of them are adjustable and some are not...... try to get the one that is adjustable if you can. I usually order a few just so I have a spare...... you can always sell it later if you don't need it.

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-08-2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thanks bad69cat, when you say adjustable are you talking about the choke lever or the fuel adjustments?
post #4 of 5 Old 12-13-2016, 11:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomover View Post
Thanks bad69cat, when you say adjustable are you talking about the choke lever or the fuel adjustments?
I believe he's talking about the main jet. Some of the newer clones have fixed jets and you can only control the idle mixture. You can tell by looking at the bottom of the carb bowl; if it's a regular nut, it's fixed. If it has a spring and a slot for a flathead, it's adjustable.

My machine:
1979 Ariens 924039 (24", 8hp w/ differential)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes bad69cat liked this post
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2016, 02:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 4
I have the same model, but never have had to change out the choke levers. My original carb was also leaking and more than likely is form the float not seating properly because of the o-ring. Its a pretty inexpensive thing to try but replace the small little o-ring under the float and that should solve your problem. If that doesn't work make sure that the float doesn't have a hole in it.

Check out some of donyboy73 videos on youtube they will really help. Here's one that will help with your carb rebuild.

2005 MTD Yard Machine 26inch-8hp
1971 Arines-Sno-Thro-24in-7hp
2001 Craftsman-22"-5hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page