How to replace starter cup on ariens st724 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-16-2016, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
How to replace starter cup on ariens st724

I have an Ariens ST724 snowblower (Model #924075 Serial # 005629) with a pull start where it slips and will not catch to turn over the engine to start. Finally got a new starter cup but was wondering how to replace it. I've already removed the starter recoil assembly. Now do I try and clamp the old cup to the housing so the shaft won't turn to remove the nut? Put a bar into the auger so it will not spin and turn off the nut?

I've purchased a torque wrench to set the nut at 40 ft lbs once I get the old one off.

Second problem: After removing the old spark plug to change it, a tiny stone pebble fell into the hole where the plug goes. (SIGH: One problem after another with this blower). Any easy way to get it out? Or am I basically SCREWED? I AM going to try and get this blower running pebble or not today.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are about to be hit with up to a foot of snow today and into tomorrow.

Last edited by wisconsindrift; 12-16-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: I assume the nut turns counter clockwise to take it off.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-16-2016, 11:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 508
Thanks (Received): 380
Likes (Given): 291
Likes (Received): 1383
post a pic of that first item at hand, second question if you got a stone in the hole. then you are going to have to remove the head and go fishing for it. I don't mess around with those tec engines to much.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 12-16-2016, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
the site won't let me post an attachment or picture for some reason.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-16-2016, 12:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 508
Thanks (Received): 380
Likes (Given): 291
Likes (Received): 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsindrift View Post
the site won't let me post an attachment or picture for some reason.
They were suppose to fix that glich.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 12-16-2016, 01:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 127
Thanks (Received): 195
Likes (Given): 469
Likes (Received): 816
Not That Tough, Remove the Recoil Shroud. There is a 3/4 nut holding the Starter Cup on the Crank. I get a 3/4 socket on it, and then Place another deep socket between the Electric starter flywheel teeth and the chassis of the snowblower to hold the flywheel and crank so you can remove the nut that holds the starter cup on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page