little bit of everything on 921050, problems, adjusting and review - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2016, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 5
little bit of everything on 921050, problems, adjusting and review

I finally finished the last step of my poly skid install and went through the machine to set it to my standards. I was concerned about the machine dipping to the right slightly when pushing down on the handle bars. I noticed immediately that the auger housing was not level on my garage floor with the skids loose. I then found a video on the process of loosening the bolts on the sides of the machine and checking for full engagement of the housing. It was in fully but still not level. The best I could get was the left side was 1/8 inch higher then the right. I maxed out the slotted holes trying to pull it into place and tighten it down with unsatisfactory results. I ended up standing it up on its front and pulling a wheel to use a die grinder to open up the slot with the captive nut behind it. Took it slow and removed about 1/8" or so material. Used this opertunity to pull the belly pan to grease and lube. The machine is brand new but I wanted to have a look. Everything looks to be in order and done properly so I gave it a quick synthetic grease and chain wax. Closed it back up, set it on its wheels and proceeded to get it all aligned. This time i got it set perfect with the right side leaning gone and the machine square and level. We had about 2 inches of snow and sleet slop on the ground so I did a quick test just to see how it felt and the auto turn is the greatest thing in snow blowers. Tracks straight as a laser but turns when you want it to without even thinking. I did find that the tank is too small and the factory torch spark plug is garbage. Just throw an NGK in there and be done with it. I was low on fuel and had a few lean pops from the exhaust. The ceramic and the electrode was melted slightly and actually damaged by it. I don't believe any harm done just got a little hot and melted. Threw a spare NGK in there and finished the job without a hiccup. I'm glad I tried it out on the first mild snow we had and worked the bugs out of the new machine. I was able to run the dealers fuel out and get into my 93 octane treated fuel and was able to get my last breakin oil change done. I always change to synthetic immediately and do quick oil changes to limit the break in metals in the oil. I am still getting used to the handles being opposite of the Troy bilt I traded for this but it will be natural by the end of the season. In the end I had high expectations of this model and it met them. I think the only way it could be any better was if it came with a gx390 from the factory. If your listening ariens, I will pay more to have a Honda engine on it.

2017 Ariens 24 Platinum SHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-19-2016, 06:22 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 82
Thanks (Received): 173
Likes (Given): 423
Likes (Received): 664
Garage
nice post, but the damage to the ceramic on the plug would scare the carp outta me !

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-19-2016, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 5
I didn't hesitate to swap it out. I wonder just how much LCT saves by using these plugs. In the back of my mind I'm still a bit nervous about the Chinese engine but I have to give it an honest chance. But if it blows up a Honda engine will go on it.

2017 Ariens 24 Platinum SHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page