pulled the trigger on unusual new ariens - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 Old 01-04-2014, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
pulled the trigger on unusual new ariens

I just ordered a new ariens and im lil worried if I made the right choice because of all the good an bad reviews of the auto turn feature.i really wanted to find a left over with triggers but had no luck an all my local dealers have nothing in the inventory since the last few snows plus tommarows storm people are freaking out . So I ended up ordering a new 2014 ariens (921036 )deluxe 28 that has a 342cc briggs on it .I have not seen this particular unit on ariens website or any others actually .I really hope I like this unit because im affraid of getting buyers remorse. Why isnt this model on ariens website is it some spcl edition or just the last 342 briggs motors which was thrown in the 28 deluxe .sucks I wont have it for this coming storm an now once I receive it we wont get any snow the rest of the year like when I bought a new snowmobile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 01-04-2014, 06:51 AM
mkd

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
throttle! here's some info on your model! open the link and click on spec's! could be ariens had a few bigger engines to get rid of.! look's like an engine upgrade. my 921030 deluxe has the 254cc engine. Ariens 921035 Deluxe 28 Plus (28") 342cc Two-Stage Snow Blower (2014 Model) LIMITED EDITION
post #3 of 61 Old 01-04-2014, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Wonder what size tires it will come with .I notice that sight has both sizes listed an were I ordere it also did the same thing under specs it says the 15s but under description it list 16s.not that it should matter I guess.i figured it was prolly a factory Frankenstein which they stuck last years motor from the deluxe 30 in this years deluxe 28. I just wasnt sure.thanks mkd appreciate it.
post #4 of 61 Old 01-04-2014, 07:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Others have mentioned the engine shortage here before. Bonus! Bigger motor on small chassis.

2014 Ariens Hydro Pro 28
post #5 of 61 Old 01-04-2014, 08:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlejunkie450 View Post
I just ordered a new ariens and im lil worried if I made the right choice because of all the good an bad reviews of the auto turn feature.i really wanted to find a left over with triggers but had no luck an all my local dealers have nothing in the inventory since the last few snows plus tommarows storm people are freaking out . So I ended up ordering a new 2014 ariens (921036 )deluxe 28 that has a 342cc briggs on it .I have not seen this particular unit on ariens website or any others actually .I really hope I like this unit because im affraid of getting buyers remorse. Why isnt this model on ariens website is it some spcl edition or just the last 342 briggs motors which was thrown in the 28 deluxe .sucks I wont have it for this coming storm an now once I receive it we wont get any snow the rest of the year like when I bought a new snowmobile.
The number 921036 appears to be the newest number in the lineup. It also appears that its a Deluxe 28 chassis, or a Deluxe 28 Plus chassis. I know I am not helping you much on that point. ):

What I can tell you..., is that so far, the 15" tire has been on a 6" wheel and has been on the chassis that has a more balanced weight. (Lighter feeling front end.) The 16" tire is on a 8" wheel and its axle is located more to the rear of the chassis. This is balanced with more weight forward. (Noticeably heavier feeling front end.)

Each balancing scenario has its pros and cons, but mostly a personal preference thing.

So it looks like the only mystery here, is the tire size, which relates to a balancing difference.

Now that being said, just check to make sure it is labeled Auto-Turn on the chute or dash. Auto Traction should indicate an older model.

What ever, don't, worry about Auto-Turn, it works fine. It goes in a straight line as well as any blower in the past. It just turns a heck of a lot easier. I would not buy a new machine with out it. If it proves to be durable enough to withstand the test of time, it will be the axle that all else will be measured by.

Happy New
Ken

Last edited by ken53; 01-04-2014 at 08:49 AM.
post #6 of 61 Old 01-04-2014, 09:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
I almost bought that machine. You'll be fine.
That's the same motor as last years platinum 30.
That model is exactly the same as a 2012 platinum 30"
Except no heated grips and has auto turn.
My dealer had 3 different delux 28's. Another on had a ltc 400cc motor, with larger tires that were set back.
post #7 of 61 Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thank you fellas.sounds good.it states that it has auto turn .more than likely it has the 15s on it.
post #8 of 61 Old 03-09-2014, 03:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlejunkie450 View Post
How did it go with your new 28 Deluxe special addition With the 342 briggs ?

2018 Ariens 938025 Professional 21 inch
2018 Ariens 921050 Platinum 369cc SHO 24"
2011 John Deere X728/47" Quick Hitch Snowblower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff
post #9 of 61 Old 03-13-2014, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
The things a beast an im very happy with it.i would recommend it to anyone in the market for a new machine.i have used it on multiple types of driveways an snow.i have also used both polys and armor skids an they both are 100% better than stock skids an make machine act like a new tame machine.both skids have there ups and downs.the negative on the poly is you must adjust them each use since they were down faster than I would like the negatives on the armor they tend to ride up on top of the snow more than the others. If we ever get more snow I can keep testing them but at this point its 50\50.i use a couple other major brand snowblowers an after using them an coming home to use mine I feel spoiled.it makes cleanin driveways fun compared to the other machines.im happy with it for sure.
post #10 of 61 Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 25
Thanks for the info...I am going to order one, I have my Platinum 24 sold.

2018 Ariens 938025 Professional 21 inch
2018 Ariens 921050 Platinum 369cc SHO 24"
2011 John Deere X728/47" Quick Hitch Snowblower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page