LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 1
2016/17 Ariens 28 Deluxe SHO

Looking to buy a 2017 Ariens 28 Deluxe SHO 921048. I'm glad I found this forum before my purchase, as the 2016 28 Deluxe SHO 921044 has the exact same apperance package. Without this forum I would not have known to look for the model number differance and the wheels being moved forward on the 2017s. I have been to about 10 different dealers and they all have a mixture of both years for the same price. One dealer told me there was no differance. I had to point out the wheel locations of the two model years sitting side by side. Thank you for the info Snowblower Forum.com

Last edited by troyalln; 01-01-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 06:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 79
Likes (Received): 172
aboard Troyalln!

Research is important when buying an item you will have for many years. Dealers are not always forthright and want to move their inventory. I'm not saying the older model wouldn't have served you well, but you may have had issues with Auto-Turn if you didn't do your homework.

Best of luck with your new Deluxe 28 SHO.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 398
Likes (Given): 183
Likes (Received): 931
Actually there is a very clear and obvious spotting feature to tell a 2016 Ariens from a 2017. The graphics on the dash panel..applies to all models:

2016 dash graphics (and several years previous as well)
Ariens orange oval logo in the middle of the dash:

New graphics, starting with 2017 model year. As of now, only seen on the newest model year machines. Grey dash panel with white Ariens lettering:

Scot
post #4 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
The 16s and 17s in Minnesota all have the grey dash panel with white Ariens lettering. That is why I think it's a little deceiving.
Every dealer I went to had both 921048 (2017) and 921044 (2016) Both had identical dash graphics, gray with white lettering.
When sitting side by side it's very obvious without even looking at model number.

Last edited by troyalln; 01-01-2017 at 08:13 PM.
post #5 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 08:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Received): 14
I had the same issue. I actually had a dealer tell me there was ZERO changes between model years - just wheel colors and the logo. Of course they offered the older model for $100 less and "could order" the 2016/17 model if I wished - which was still $200 more than Snow Blower Direct. This was also before Tax, Delivery and Setup fees of course.

I ordered from SBD.
post #6 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 398
Likes (Given): 183
Likes (Received): 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyalln View Post
The 16s and 17s in Minnesota all have the grey dash panel with white Ariens lettering. That is why I think it's a little deceiving.
Every dealer I went to had both 921048 (2017) and 921044 (2016) Both had identical dash graphics, gray with white lettering.
When sitting side by side it's very obvious without even looking at model number.
I suspect that isn't correct...did you actually look at the model number 921044 and then saw a grey dash panel with white lettering? The grey panel with white lettering didn't exist until summer 2016, which is 2017 model year..I'm 99% sure there won't be actual 2016 model year snowblowers (made over a year ago, spring and summer 2015) with the new "2017 dash"

Although it's possible there were maybe some very late 2016's that ended up with the "2017 dash"! Things like that can happen..changes aren't always distinctly only one year or the other, there can be blending..

Although in this case I'm more inclined to think that the new dash really is only on 2017 models, but dealers can be confused about what model year a machine is..some might be calling the newest machines 2016's rather than 2017's..that is always a problem because winter spans two calendar years every year..there is constant confusion about model year.

Scot

Last edited by sscotsman; 01-01-2017 at 09:52 PM.
post #7 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 09:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Received): 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
I had the same issue. I actually had a dealer tell me there was ZERO changes between model years - just wheel colors and the logo. Of course they offered the older model for $100 less and "could order" the 2016/17 model if I wished - which was still $200 more than Snow Blower Direct. This was also before Tax, Delivery and Setup fees of course.

I ordered from SBD.
This is one of the reasons I don't feel bad about big mail order places existing. Often the local stores provide you very little. They know less about the product than you do. You're only there because you're held hostage by the threat of bad warranty service if you don't buy from them.

Last edited by matto; 01-01-2017 at 10:00 PM.
post #8 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
921044 and 921048 both with same dash graphics but different wheel locations.
I'll take some pics. tomorrow to show you.

Last edited by troyalln; 01-01-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes sscotsman liked this post
post #9 of 19 Old 01-01-2017, 11:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Received): 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by matto View Post
This is one of the reasons I don't feel bad about big mail order places existing. Often the local stores provide you very little. They know less about the product than you do. You're only there because you're held hostage by the threat of bad warranty service if you don't buy from them.
Yeah, I had a slight amount of fear pushed into me even on here reading posts and such while I was still shopping that buying online was BAD BAD BAD!! Ect... Support your local dealer!!!

Honestly, if I could have gotten the snowblower for the same price, setup & delivered - even before tax - I would have considered a local dealer. However, a $200 difference PLUS tax, PLUS delivery. No thanks. It also turned me off that one of the local dealers was pushing their last-year-models HARD when I specifically asked for the newest model by part #. I didnt even respond to their e-mail on that one.

The hardest part about ordering from SnowBlowersDirect was having my work load the crate into my truck with the forklift, and then me getting the crate out of the back of my truck by myself. Setup was a breeze.
post #10 of 19 Old 01-02-2017, 10:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post

I ordered from SBD.
I had a similar experience which I posted a thread on here about a month ago,way back in June I put a left over Ariens deluxe 24 on lay away,but when it closer to having it paid off,I starting hearing how they changed the wheel locations on this years model to fix a auto turn issue some people where having,I decided to pay the difference and get this years model instead of last years left over.but when the dealer delivered it,they gave me the leftover instead.i called them up,he didn't have any of this years available,so he personally delivered a loaner to me in his own truck to use because he didn't want me to use the leftover because they couldn't sell it as new if I used it.when he got to my house he still said I had the correct one,even after I pointed out the that the leftover had the old logo on the dash panel,I showed him that the model number wasn't last years,so he called back to the dealer just to confirm that it was indeed a leftover..when I first put it on layaway he told me he's been in the business for 30 years,but apparently he doesn't know what the difference in one model year from the next...

2017 Ariens 24 deluxe 921045
2005 Ariens 8526 932105(sold)
Ariens ss522 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page