LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-04-2014, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
B&S Engine for what models?

I am pretty much sold on getting me an Ariens blower, after using the newer Deluxe 30 at my church building. I love the layout and configuration of the Deluxe 30, and am curious if it is the same for any of the other models. I think a Deluxe 30 would be a bit too big for my home use. I also am very pleased with the Brigs and Stratton motor. Is Ariens still equipping their blowers with this engine? I think it is the 1450 series on the Deluxe 30?

How do you feel about B&S vs Tecumesh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
I rate B and S about the same as tecumseh. Both can make good engines Only bad thing about Tecumseh is that they are not in business any longer and sometimes specific parts can be harder to find. Things like carb kits and other things that mostly go on engines are easy to get though. Just stay away from the 2 shaft engines. They are harder to replace.

3 Ariens 522 Single Stage
Toro 3521 Repowered with a 6.5hp
Craftsman 521 (selling)

other toys
Troybuilt Horse 70s or 80s model
Troybuilt Econo-horse
John Deere Jx75
John Deere Js46
John Deere 111

and a few other parts machines.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 398
Likes (Given): 183
Likes (Received): 931
Ryan,
the 1450 engines are no longer being made..they were last made in 2012, 2 years ago.
All Brigs snowblower engines (and all other snowblower engines) are now made in China..but they all still seem to be perfectly fine engines! no one is having any major issues with them at all..But at this point, if you want a US-made engine, you will have to buy a used snowblower..

I have a list here:
The Ariens 1960's and 1970's Sno-Thro info site.
that shows current Ariens models, and their engines..

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-05-2014, 12:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
There is a 2014 model Deluxe 28, model 921036 with a USA made Briggs 342cc that you can still get if you look hard.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Speedway sales is were I ordered the 2014 ariens 28 deluxe (921036)with the 342 briggs that states is still made here supposivly. Just ordered one yesterday actually .I also found one in mchenry illinois but they wanted more since I would have had to pay shipping plus high sales taxe since I live in illinois. I would rather pay 50 bucks for lift gate than shipping an sales tax any day.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Received): 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlejunkie450 View Post
Speedway sales is were I ordered the 2014 ariens 28 deluxe (921036)with the 342 briggs that states is still made here supposivly. Just ordered one yesterday actually .I also found one in mchenry illinois but they wanted more since I would have had to pay shipping plus high sales taxe since I live in illinois. I would rather pay 50 bucks for lift gate than shipping an sales tax any day.
McHenry Power Equipment is where I ordered my Pro 32 in the crate from. They were great to deal with! I didn't have to pay sales tax though seeing I'm in WI.

Ariens Super Deluxe 28 921036 342cc Two Stage Snow Blower Special Edition | eBay

Last edited by JRHAWK9; 01-05-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page