LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 02-10-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 5
Ariens Customer Service

When I started my search for a suitable snowblower, on another thread I asked the kind people on here about their thoughts on my need to have outside - under cover storage as well as ability to get up the two steps to the porch.

In conversations with many here and with dealers, both Ariens and Honda, I was able to develop some insight into what would work best for me. Honda, particularly, was very approachable.

On the other hand, and this is the reason for the thread here, is that I received a perfunctory boiler plate response from Ariens telling me the opposite of what my Colorado contacts that deal Ariens said by tellling me what I "couldn't do."

Would it not be better for a manufacturer, an American manufacturer as well, to try to tell me what I "could" do? It just seems that very little thought was given to my situation and no attempt to reach out and discuss my particular situation.

In my business, I always impressed on my people to see what you can do and not what you can't do.

Ok, got that off my chest, FWIW....

Captain Dave
Breck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 397
Likes (Given): 182
Likes (Received): 930
Well, we dont know what you asked, or what they said in reply..
therefore we cant tell if you were right, or if Ariens was perhaps right and gave you good advice, but it wasn't what you wanted to hear.
So, with no detail, we dont know who to believe.

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-10-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Wasn't a matter of believing one or the other, but to me, at least, the response indicated Ariens could care less about going the extra mile to find common ground with me. I'm not looking for any validation, I simply made an observation from my own personal point of view having run a business for over thirty years that if one of my employees or partners responded with what I would call a similar "shrug" we would talk about it.

It's all good. I was actually posting for the benefit of Ariens. But.....what do I know.
post #4 of 18 Old 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 268
I'm bummed they let you down like that. Every experience I have had with Ariens has been super positive, which is why I buy their products now. Snowblowers, and even a lawn mower. I reward good customer service by continuing to be a loyal customer. I wonder if perhaps they were just having a bad day or were just simply clueless and didn't know how to handle that situation properly.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-11-2017, 12:23 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 126
Likes (Given): 147
Likes (Received): 297
I contacted Ariens on a used way out of warrantee blower and got a response the next day not only with a answer of will this fit, but a correct part number for the item I was inquiring about and a brief description of how to install, I'd say you may have gotten a newer employee answering your question, most companies won't even reply to inquiraries on a 10 yr old machine.
post #6 of 18 Old 02-11-2017, 04:57 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 115
It's really tough to form an opinion on a one-sided conversation. And, seeing there are 3 sides to the truth, it's ultra dangerous territory. But as far as I know, Ariens designs and manufactures Outdoor power Equipment. Are they in the stair fabrication business now??? If not, perhaps they weren't confident dispatching advice on how many or what type of stairs their machines could or could not climb. For strictly legal reasons I imagine. GLuck, Jay
post #7 of 18 Old 02-11-2017, 07:06 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 16
I emailed ariens customer support asking them for their phone number. They replied telling me they don't have one and I should go to a dealer.

I wasn't particularly happy with that reply either.

To their credit I explained that I had already been to multiple dealers and they were not able to help me. Ariens then answered all my questions via email.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-11-2017, 10:52 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 19
In my opinion Ariens customer service is top notch...any time I had to contact them always ended with positive experience...

2017 Ariens 24 deluxe 921045
2005 Ariens 8526 932105(sold)
Ariens ss522 (sold)
post #9 of 18 Old 02-11-2017, 04:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 268
Yup. As a time and cost savings thing, many companies are doing away with dial in customer support phone numbers and now require correspondence via e-mail type of services. But e-mail isn't for everyone. Ah well. Glad they took care of you. I do think that many times the local dealers for various companies are of no help at all.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-12-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzAuto1 View Post
It's really tough to form an opinion on a one-sided conversation. And, seeing there are 3 sides to the truth, it's ultra dangerous territory. But as far as I know, Ariens designs and manufactures Outdoor power Equipment. Are they in the stair fabrication business now??? If not, perhaps they weren't confident dispatching advice on how many or what type of stairs their machines could or could not climb. For strictly legal reasons I imagine. GLuck, Jay
Jay, I think you- and possibly others - were somewhat confused about the intent of my original posting.

First, it was my intent to bring to the attention of Ariens, I thought, that from someone such as me who has run a company and formulated customer relations policy, that I felt a terse reply not presenting alternatives or possible solutions was striking: to me. I invited input from others to see how their experiences might have compared.

Second, respectfully, any suggestion that I was somehow referring in any fashion to "stair fabrication" is, frankly, silly.

Perhaps I did not spend enough time in my opening post explaining my motives and desires for forum input but I didn't feel at the time I would be opening up Pandora's box. It simply felt that the information being provided to me by Ariens was impersonal and terse, while the information from dealers I called was much more personal and conflicted with actual experience of them which encouraged me about my two main issues at hand.

Thanks, Jay,

Captain Dave
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page