Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens 1963 or 1964 10M-L35

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rnaude241 
#1 ·
My father picked this machine up for $25 last week. Looks to me like it's a 1964 however all of the engine numbers are from 1963. Here are the numbers: Engine Model: 3.5HP h35-45002b Serial #: 3183-3184 Auger Bucket #: 7-10m 28738 Tractor Model# 7-10m

I've never seen a late model (First Series Ariens) that had a Tecumseh that muffler facing the front of the machine but this one does. Fairly rare I assume. Has anyone seen one like this? I know some Ariens blowers in the 1980's I believe had front facing but nothing this old. I have a 3.5HP 1961 Ariens with a Lauson/Tecumseh however the muffler is off the side.

Also rare is the solid larger rubber tires. Pneumatic tires were optional for this model.

I've attached some pictures. Scot feel free to use these for your amazing Ariens site.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats a "side popper" Tecumseh exhaust. They have a unique sound to them. I had a few of them on mini-bikes and go karts when I was a kid.

So they have a special place for me. My favorite engine!

Looks to be in decent condition. I would think it's under powered with 3.5 HP.

Glad you got it. Hope you keep it as is. Heck, even a vid of it throwing sno would be cool!

#4 ·
Thanks scrappy. Yeah 3 1/2 HP isn't much. I tried my 1961 in a 4-5 inch storm last year and it handled the fluffy stuff OK but if it was a wetter snow it wouldn't have been great.

I'm not sure what my father is going to do with it, but most likely he'll keep it stock and perhaps clean it up a little bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.