Ariens 10000 series axles and differential removal procedure - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2017, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 376
Likes (Given): 468
Likes (Received): 483
Ariens 10000 series axles and differential removal procedure

Hello,
I am in the process of fixing a moderate play on the belt tension arm but the previous owner had installed a lock nut behind the tension arm pivot bolt on the tractor. I tried to remove the friction disc and pulley assembly but it requires the removal of the axle, the axle bushings have some play in them and I figured this would be the time to replace them.
I've never had to do this, can anyone guide me through the procedure of the axle and differential removal (it has a locking type differential), and also what is the part number for those bushings and a good source to get them.
I have the engine (predator 212cc) and the auger housing removed for ease of working on it.
I'm tempted to install one of the super tall Ariens chutes to see how far it throws the snow......

Model 910008
Serial 010717

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-20-2017, 07:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 127
Thanks (Received): 195
Likes (Received): 816
10000 series axle removal is quite easy. Remove the wheels. Assuming you have the differential, Knock the Large Pin out of the differential "control", and then pull off the differential control, and then the axle Flange will slide off. With the Machine in the "Repair"position, remove the bottom cover. There will be a Small roll pin on the right side of the axle near the right axle bearing. Knock that out, and the axle will slide out of the differential, and right out the side. That small roll pin may be sticky; some heat and pb blaster will help. GL
Addenda: The Bronze Axle sleeve bushings are readily available in most Decent Hardware Stores about 4 bucks each.

Last edited by Jackmels; 02-20-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks YSHSfan thanked for this post
Likes jnevulis, Shaw351 liked this post
post #3 of 4 Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 376
Likes (Received): 483
Thanks Jackmels.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-05-2019, 10:39 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 1
This is helpful for me I think. I have model 921018, but my "pin" is on the left side (looking from the rear). I wasnít sure if this was a pin or screwed in. So itís a pin I take it and I will need to apply some penetrating oil to free up. I didnít want to force it and break anything. I need to replace the auto differential as it seems finally broken after initial freeze problems, my wheels no longer spin when engaged and spin freely otherwise not moving machine.
thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page