post #1 of 13 Old 02-22-2017, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 18
Garage
Ariens customer support.

Just a note about my first event with Ariens customer support. My blower is just about 2 years old but a month or so after I got it I noticed a crack in the fuel cap plastic. I figured it was just the extreme cold we had and the several feet of snow I had blown and didn't really give it a second thought.
This year I noticed it to be a little harder to start and just a couple weeks ago, while refueling I noticed bubbles, or beads of water in the bottom of the tank. Added conditioner and burned the fuel out all ready but I contacted Ariens customer support through their website and received an answer 2 days later.
Closest dealer to me is a 30 minute drive and I would have to borrow a truck to bring the machine to them. The customer support guy offered me a new fuel cap, delivered to my door free.

That's what it's all about... no hassles

Satisfied customer...

Glenn

Ariens Platinum 30 SHO- AX414, 20.0 lb.ft torque.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-22-2017, 06:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Nice, i had a great experience with them also, its all about the customer for them as i can see ( two thumbs up )
Likes Blackstar liked this post
post #3 of 13 Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
Same here.

Had trouble with autoturn on mine and they shipped the poly skids free of cost to my door. I will be sticking with Ariens for sure.
Likes Blackstar liked this post
post #4 of 13 Old 02-27-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 18
Garage
Got home from work this evening and my package from Ariens was here. New gas cap plus a filler neck kit with a filter, which mine never had.

Great customer service.

Glenn

Ariens Platinum 30 SHO- AX414, 20.0 lb.ft torque.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-05-2017, 01:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
You were much more fortunate than me. The first few seasons I had my Ariens I barely used it as the winters were so mild with snowfall. By the time I really started using it, the warranty had expired and the manufacturing defect in that Briggs & Stratton Snow Series engine surfaced. Needless to say Ariens along with Briggs & Stratton did not want to help in the least. It literally took me years of contacting Ariens every winter before they finally gave me the model number of the LCT engines they are using in place of the Briggs & Stratton. I am not happy with Ariens about that and don't think I would buy their product again. Needless to say I would NOT buy anything with a Briggs & Stratton on it! I plan to part out the B&S and use the proceeds towards and LCT.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-05-2017, 02:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardid View Post
You were much more fortunate than me. The first few seasons I had my Ariens I barely used it as the winters were so mild with snowfall. By the time I really started using it, the warranty had expired and the manufacturing defect in that Briggs & Stratton Snow Series engine surfaced. Needless to say Ariens along with Briggs & Stratton did not want to help in the least. It literally took me years of contacting Ariens every winter before they finally gave me the model number of the LCT engines they are using in place of the Briggs & Stratton. I am not happy with Ariens about that and don't think I would buy their product again. Needless to say I would NOT buy anything with a Briggs & Stratton on it! I plan to part out the B&S and use the proceeds towards and LCT.
what is the defect you refer to?

Nevermind! I figured it out!

Last edited by 524SWE; 03-05-2017 at 02:17 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-05-2017, 09:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 268
What was the issue with the B&S
post #8 of 13 Old 03-07-2017, 04:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Mine wasn't so pleasant either. When I picked up my snowblower it showed you got a free cover, when I tried to redeem the deal it was for Canada only. Support not only failed to respond to me (I had to send a follow up email asking if anyone was going to respond) but then they told me it was for Canada only and there was nothing they could do. I just spent $1900 on a snow blower with your company, your advertising of the free cover was confusing and did NOT say Canada only on the image so I figured it was still active. I'd think a simple cover to make someone happy would be a simple solution. You were literally giving them away two weeks prior and are giving them away to Canadian customers.

I still need to contact them about the autoturn issue to get the poly skids but I'm concerned that I'll get the same experience.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 589
Thanks (Received): 770
Likes (Given): 4364
Likes (Received): 1742
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
I still need to contact them about the autoturn issue to get the poly skids but I'm concerned that I'll get the same experience.
Don't know until you try. You can also use Ariens contact here on SBF - - > Ariens - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-08-2017, 07:32 AM

Post Thanks / Like
If you spend 1900$ just to get a free cover you need to change your priorities, you're getting a great machine of quality ( the cover is worth 30.00$ ) and your complaning about customer service being poor, and you want to go back for poly skids ( looks like you're trying to get freebies ) not really a reference towards service. ( sorry if i sound shitty, but you cant judge a company on gifts ) my two cents....
Likes 43128 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page