LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
New ariens model: 28" hydro pro

Any feedback on its use? May be a while before I use mine in Md. Unit/serial #633 suggests there are that many out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Well, I can say compared to 35 yr old Ariens 24" w/ 8 hp w/ 5 speed disc drive: MUCH quieter, easier to start, much easier to turn, but finicky, though usually faster to set chute position (on trial, in snowless driveway). It is also so much heavier that I hope to never have to man-handle it thru a turn.

Oh, it's really, really shiny!! Let it snow!!! Bring it.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Received): 8
Interested in your hydro.

AVNORM,

Where do you live in MD??? I'm condsidering buying a new 36" hydro but haven't been able to find one locally to run. I'm really interested in how the traction control works when turning.

I presently have a 16 year old ST1236 in excellent shape.

Thanks
Matt
post #4 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 350
Likes (Given): 150
Likes (Received): 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avnorm View Post
Any feedback on its use? May be a while before I use mine in Md. Unit/serial #633 suggests there are that many out there.
Actually, 633 would mean very FEW are out there!
(thats a very low serial number..if 633 was the total, that would be an unusually small production run.)
but obviously yours isnt the last one..im sure there are more than 633, but we dont know how many..but in terms of serial numbers and total model production runs, 633 is very low, not high..

And, (more useless trivia you didnt ask for! ) the serial numbers never begin with 000001.
In this case, the first production model was 000101, so yours is the 532nd built. The lower numbers are usually taken up by pre-production and "test" machines, that arent sold to the general public.

But apart from all that, no one has heard a thing about the new Ariens hydros, they are new this year, just introduced this fall. Please give us a review once you use it! You will be the first to tell us about them!

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page