LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-10-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
1332LE Opportunity

I have the opportunity to purchase an Ariens 1332LE for $375. Owner says it is about 5 years old but based on my read of other threads here in the site, it has to be a bit older. It looks to her in very good shape, starts right up, etc. Using it for a hill driveway and barring a California winter like last year, hope to use it 20 times a year or so.

Feels like a reasonable price and quality, just wanted to see what the professionals think here.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-10-2017, 12:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 673
Thanks (Received): 176
Likes (Given): 1075
Likes (Received): 1101
Garage
does this have tracks? you really need a tracked blower for steep drives. I'm not familiar with Ariens but it must have a serial number on it and you can find out how old it is.

usually hours of operation is more important than age. I have seen 15 year old blowers that have seen little use to be much better than a 2-3 year old that was used extensively.

if it has tracks and looks good after a good going over $300-350 sounds pretty good for a 1132. Don't these cost about $1200 new? or more?

oh, welcome ! and when you get a new blower, post a picture for everyone.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #3 of 13 Old 08-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 346
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 781
Ariens made 1332LE's in 2006, and 2010.
You would need the actual model number to be sure of the model year.
Ask the seller for the model number, its on a tag at the rear of the machine, it will be 926xxx.

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 13 Old 08-10-2017, 10:56 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 218
One thing that I have learned when shopping for used snowblowers, when a seller says "about", as in "I am not sure, but I think my snowblower is ABOUT X years old", you can usually multiply X by about 2, especially if it is a Honda.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-17-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thanks everyone. Well it turned out to be in really good shape IMO. I can't figure out how to attach a picture, but the model is 926103

I think at $375 I got a good deal, would be interested to hear other's opinions.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-17-2017, 04:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 673
Thanks (Received): 176
Likes (Given): 1075
Likes (Received): 1101
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by petman2 View Post
Thanks everyone. Well it turned out to be in really good shape IMO. I can't figure out how to attach a picture, but the model is 926103

I think at $375 I got a good deal, would be interested to hear other's opinions.
to post a pick go down the page a little to "Manage Attachments" and you can do it from that and then submit post.

it used to be that you needed at least 10 posts before you could attach a pic.

$375 sounds good. even if it is a 2006 but pictures will tell a lot also.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #7 of 13 Old 08-17-2017, 06:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 375
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
$375 for an 06 or newer Ariens 1332 in really good shape is a great deal.....! Congrats.....!
post #8 of 13 Old 08-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 346
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 781
Nice! Yep, its a 2006, but its also nearly a Pro-series machine. A decade is nothing for an Ariens if its been well cared for. I agree, good deal!

Scot

post #9 of 13 Old 08-18-2017, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 511
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1479
Garage
I paid around $325 for my Toro PowerShift 1332 and felt I got a steal. I think you did well and the good thing with the Ariens is even if it wasn't taken care of Ariens has great support and lots of parts availability. I can still get stuff from them for my early '70s Ariens machines. This is a helpful site for info and parts: https://parts.ariens.com/

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #10 of 13 Old 08-18-2017, 01:37 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 99
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 77
I'm assuming you saw this...

If you got one of those for the price you mentioned and if the engine is working and the augers and auger gearbox are OK then you can sleep easy.

As for posting photos ... If you have a PC, try "google photos" to make a public album of your machine then just put a link to the album in your message. That way you won't hit the max-upload size limits on the forum. It works for me and I find it intuitive and easy. Just drag-n-drop your pictures onto google photos and you'll get prompts to do the rest. I don't use phones and tablets to do this kind of thing because they still feel like toys to me..I need big monitors and keyboards for my fat fingers.(I've spent decades on high-end computers) but if you have a PC or laptop it's a piece of cake. I don't know if it's as easy on a phone but it should at least be doable.

Last edited by unknown1; 08-18-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page