LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
do all brand new ariens chutes squeak

I just got done putting my new ariens together an out the crate an I didnt pay much attention to the bottom of the chute while placing it on the housing but is there 2 rubber pieces that is causing the horrible squeking noise while turning the chute.i tried lil more grease on the visible rubber gasket an it never helped .im just curious Its not desl breaker an at the moment its the only thing I can nit pick on .while some time il find more prolly but its just annoying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 03:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 108
Here's the instructions from the assembly manual page that talks about putting the chute on. It shouldn't squeak. At all. If it were mine, I'd take it off and make sure the underside is well greased. Otherwise it will likely bind and give you trouble.
1. Grease underside of discharge chute ring (if not already greased).
2. Remove mounting hardware from auger housing.
3. Install discharge chute over opening in the auger housing. Finger tighten the mounting hardware removed above.
NOTE: Leave discharge chute pedestal loose to help install the chute crank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
A collection of shovels that I try to avoid using
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 2
What material and what temperatures are we dealing with?

In car suspensions it is very common to replace sway bar link ends and pick up a squeek when it is cold out because of the tight fit of the clean bushings. I believe it's polyurethane that does this.

Don't take this advice to seriously however, we are not comparing apples to apples here.
post #4 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 03:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
It should move like it was on ball bearings. It should not squeak.

Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
post #5 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
Rubber pieces? Not sure what you mean.

There are 2 friction washers that mount where the chute attaches to the pedestal. These aren't rubber though. I've heard these squeak before, but usually when it is clamped too tight.
post #6 of 19 Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Im not sure how I have it to tight since it just sits onto the housing an is mounted to a arm with 2 bolts .I can wiggle the chute by hand a lil bit.i had white lithium grease which shouldnt be a problem I wouldnt think.it what was in the garage I put it together in since the delivery driver couldnt make it to my house without getting his semi stuck in snow so I had him meet me at another address in the same town I live in.i was likeba kid in a candy storeban honestly I didnt take the time looking atvl directions an didnt an didnt have any problems putting it together.took maybe 40min maybe.an the pieces are not rubber it just looked like it .
post #7 of 19 Old 01-12-2014, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Before I put it on I greased the snot out of it not only that I thought the squeking noise at first was coming from the adgustment gear so I greased it also even thou that wasnt were its coming from its deffntly between the chute an housing .
post #8 of 19 Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Not sure what to tell you. To me, squeaking says it's binding. Does it turn real easily?
Snowmann has weighed in on this and he works for Ariens. He will help you figure it out.

Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
post #9 of 19 Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Turns really easy doesnt seem to be binding at all.i can jiggle the base of the chute by hand .theres a lil play.i wish I had another ariens to compare but they fly like hot cakes once the littlest bit of snow thats why I had to order one.even my local dealer couldnt get me anything on order other than a compact or deluxe 24 an thats it.
post #10 of 19 Old 01-12-2014, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Once I get a chance I will go over to were its at an try loosening it more an see what happens.thanks appreciate all the help I can get .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page