Need some help finding parts on a 1971 910962 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-03-2017, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Need some help finding parts on a 1971 910962

Hi guys --

I just picked up a 910962 (1971), with the H70-130067A Tecumseh engine.

The primer button assembly is incorrect -- it is currently rigged up with a spring and washer, and a cap nut at the end.

The engine starts first pull and runs strong on choke, but dies out as soon as I start to turn the choke off.

If I manage to hold the primer plunger in just the right position, I can keep it running off choke.

I haven't had any luck tracking down the original button and spring for the primer assembly -- can anyone help me out? Alternatively, would it be easier/faster to just replace the entire carb with a newly manufactured one?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-03-2017, 05:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 108
Thanks (Received): 164
Likes (Given): 347
Likes (Received): 651
Turn the Screw out on the bottom of the carb a turn or 2. This adjusts the mixture. When it runs without choke, Then adjust it till it runs good, If that doesn't do it, drop the bowl, and clean the carb.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-03-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmels View Post
Turn the Screw out on the bottom of the carb a turn or 2. This adjusts the mixture. When it runs without choke, Then adjust it till it runs good, If that doesn't do it, drop the bowl, and clean the carb.
Thanks -- that worked!
post #4 of 10 Old 09-03-2017, 09:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
You're Welcome. You Have a Good Snowblower that Can Really Perform with Some Upgrades, such as Impeller Seal, and Chute.... Having the Correct Choke Button is Cosmetic.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-03-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Agreed -- I think I misunderstood how the primer plunger worked initially, until I took it apart in the garage. I did find one for a few bucks on ebay though, p/n is 32400 for the knob and 32399 in case anyone else is looking.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 515
Thanks (Received): 684
Likes (Given): 3871
Likes (Received): 1485
Garage
to SBF Thormx

Those 60's-70's Tecumseh engines that used a plunger to cover the carb to "choke" it are a little strange. It gets the job done though

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 09-04-2017 at 12:52 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-10-2017, 02:46 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmels View Post
You're Welcome. You Have a Good Snowblower that Can Really Perform with Some Upgrades, such as Impeller Seal, and Chute.... Having the Correct Choke Button is Cosmetic.
Yea, well we know you don't care about looks, you send out rusty parts when people like myself specifically say were doing a cosmetic/ look change upgrade, you send incorrect parts and stuff with dog hair, dog **** and dirt on it like the ring of the chute you sent me. I spent 20 minutes scraping some dogs hair and **** off the chute under that was paint chipping off to bare metal. Remember how I asked if the one being sold on ebay was also a taller 15" chute and you said no? Well you lied just to sell yours because I did get that one too for my second machine. Same price better condition. That make issue 5 and 6 during the period I purchased parts from you. Lied to make a sale, sends out a part with dog hair and **** on it. Thanks again.
Don't buy parts from this guy.
Don't buy parts for cosmetic purposes for your machine, all his stuff is rusty and worn.
Don't buy parts that wear out like skid shoes, blades, tires, he will send you stuff that is well nearly worn out.
Don't buy if you don't want to risk sending cash thru the mail. "He only accepts cash" What reputable business man doesn't take money orders?
Oh issue 7 was scorned at post office for sending cash in mail.
Ever hear of a thing called a certified money order. I guess crooks usually don't....
I'm sending these worthless burnt out skid shoes (worthless metal back) you can send me the 30 you stole from me for them back. I was too polite about asking for a refund in what was it early march, 6th months ago, well here is the alternate, one really pissed off unemployed broke dude who does not like being swindled out of any amount of money let alone 30 dollars. Your worthless burnt out skids are on the way as well as this worthless worm gear that turns the wrong way, 3 things I spent what 40 bucks on I cant use just sitting here because you decided you wanna screw me over.
Watch out for this guy folks, hes a crook
Now where is that manhole photo where I gave you positive feedback an acted like a kissass, time to go give true feedback!
The only reason I wasn't meaner and demanded a refund immediately was I thought I may need more parts some day and did not want to risk loosing the parts connection. Now I don't care and I am demanding that refund, so chalk it up.
This doesn't end until you admit you were wrong and return my 30 bucks, with those **** skids and worm gear in your hand or not, I don't care, I have all day everyday, I don't have a job. But you gladly screw me out of 30 cash anyway for two paper weights, useless scrap metal....

Last edited by FearlessFront; 09-10-2017 at 02:55 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-10-2017, 04:24 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 17
You really don't even need that "Primer" it says it is only for 10 degrees and below and at that temp, a little starting fluid would work as a better primer anyway.Above 10 degrees you don't even need the primer on those engine's. They choke to prime very well. I see so many of those old engines and machines missing them...
post #9 of 10 Old 09-10-2017, 09:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 118
Likes (Received): 19
I support JackMels

I don't want to get into a pissing match here. All I can say is that Jackmels is a real contributor to this forum and helps many of us with our snowblower issues. I've bought parts from him, and in fact, bought a part today. No complaints from my perspective. I trust his opinion. I would encourage and endorse others to do so also.
************************************************** ************************************************** ***
Yea, well we know you don't care about looks, you send out rusty parts when people like myself specifically say were doing a cosmetic/ look change upgrade, you send incorrect parts and stuff with dog hair, dog **** and dirt on it like the ring of the chute you sent me. I spent 20 minutes scraping some dogs hair and **** off the chute under that was paint chipping off to bare metal. Remember how I asked if the one being sold on ebay was also a taller 15" chute and you said no? Well you lied just to sell yours because I did get that one too for my second machine. Same price better condition. That make issue 5 and 6 during the period I purchased parts from you. Lied to make a sale, sends out a part with dog hair and **** on it. Thanks again.
Don't buy parts from this guy.
Don't buy parts for cosmetic purposes for your machine, all his stuff is rusty and worn.
Don't buy parts that wear out like skid shoes, blades, tires, he will send you stuff that is well nearly worn out.
Don't buy if you don't want to risk sending cash thru the mail. "He only accepts cash" What reputable business man doesn't take money orders?
Oh issue 7 was scorned at post office for sending cash in mail.
Ever hear of a thing called a certified money order. I guess crooks usually don't....
I'm sending these worthless burnt out skid shoes (worthless metal back) you can send me the 30 you stole from me for them back. I was too polite about asking for a refund in what was it early march, 6th months ago, well here is the alternate, one really pissed off unemployed broke dude who does not like being swindled out of any amount of money let alone 30 dollars. Your worthless burnt out skids are on the way as well as this worthless worm gear that turns the wrong way, 3 things I spent what 40 bucks on I cant use just sitting here because you decided you wanna screw me over.
Watch out for this guy folks, hes a crook
Now where is that manhole photo where I gave you positive feedback an acted like a kissass, time to go give true feedback!
The only reason I wasn't meaner and demanded a refund immediately was I thought I may need more parts some day and did not want to risk loosing the parts connection. Now I don't care and I am demanding that refund, so chalk it up.
This doesn't end until you admit you were wrong and return my 30 bucks, with those **** skids and worm gear in your hand or not, I don't care, I have all day everyday, I don't have a job. But you gladly screw me out of 30 cash anyway for two paper weights, useless scrap metal....[/QUOTE]
post #10 of 10 Old 09-10-2017, 11:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Gsnod, Good to See You Today, Glad I could Help You Out.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks gsnod thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page