LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-09-2017, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Need help ID'ing old Ariens

I was given this machine a few years ago and have been using it since. It's a 2 stage 22", but the model number and serial numbers are completely rubbed off of the stickers. It has an 8hp Tecumseh with a "Snow King" sticker on the fuel tank, and the sheet metal that holds the controls is white with the Ariens logo. The belt cover is white, and the auger is non-serrated. I would include pictures, but the forum won't allow me to. I can't find any parts without knowing what model and year it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 118
Likes (Received): 19
Pictures will help a bunch for the many Ariens pros here to identify your machine......
post #3 of 16 Old 09-12-2017, 12:38 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 99
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastViking View Post
......I would include pictures, but the forum won't allow me to...
You currently have 2 posts. You can only add photos after 5 posts. Your options are...
1) Post three more times (replying to say thanks for this post would of course be 1 of those 3)
2) Create an album in google photos and create a shared link to the album and add that link to a post.
3) Same as (2) but using some other 3rd party photo hosting site and paste the link in a post.

I use google photos and find it easy and intuitive,
Here's an example album I created.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hm4WduGINQSKV2tC3

Here's something else... does it look like any of these?
https://www.google.com/search?biw=19...k1.dekWn4-dHog

Last edited by unknown1; 09-12-2017 at 01:05 AM.
post #4 of 16 Old 09-12-2017, 08:18 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 375
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 478
Not true on the 5 post count to add pictures. I have seen and posted cases where users posted pictures on their very first post. I think it depends on how you post the picture, but you definitely can from your very first post.....
post #5 of 16 Old 09-12-2017, 08:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Pictures always help identifying brands and models of snowblowers and/or parts, or at least to give an idea of what it may be.....
post #6 of 16 Old 09-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 354
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 788
The 22" bucket would make it a 22000 series from the 1970's:

https://scotlawrence.github.io/ariens/Page6.html

However none of them originally had a 8HP engine, so the engine is probably a replcement.
If you like, email me photos to:

sscotsman at yahoo dot com

and I can post them in this thread for you.

Scot

*** Edit! the 22000 series never had 22" buckets, only 20" and 24" - Scot ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sscotsman; 09-15-2017 at 08:49 AM. Reason: *** Edit! the 22000 series never had 22" buckets, only 20" and 24" - Scot ***
post #7 of 16 Old 09-12-2017, 08:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSHSfan View Post
Not true on the 5 post count to add pictures. I have seen and posted cases where users posted pictures on their very first post. I think it depends on how you post the picture, but you definitely can from your very first post.....
Here is an example, several pictures posted and it is the very first post of this forum member...

https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...l-cracked.html
post #8 of 16 Old 09-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 99
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSHSfan View Post
Sorry to stomp all over this thread.

Just last week the admins stated categorically there's a 5 post restriction on albums.
So I give in.

This is everything the FAQ has to say about pictures photos or images
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...y&titlesonly=0

There's way too much time and energy spent on this topic with inadequate error messaging when things fail.
Albums versus drag-n-drop photos versus attachments versus images that exceed the message size limit because the byte size is treated as if it were clear text.
The best way to prevent people using a product is to make it unfathomable. Life is too short.
The number of posts from people unable to get simple images onto these sites is revealing.
Scot's offer to post images if they are emailed to him is generous...but should be totally unnecessary.

The most confusing part of the user interface for me is the fact that you can begin to compose a message and then drag and drop images inline into the message.
Everything looks great in the editing window and all your images are where you want them to be.
However , when you hit preview post.. those images disappear again. The editing window looks as if it is trying to be WYSIWYG but apparently isn't.
I think that's what catches people out.
When you finally hit "submit" the images don't make it and you get this message
The text that you have entered is too long (75064 characters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long.
So all the effort you put into constructing the post is lost.
There's no point having a pretty editor window if the "total message size" limit makes it effectively useless.

The google photos link approach has never failed for me with photos (at least.. thus far.. I could imagine having a system that prevents links too if I really wanted to be obstructive).
Links to google drive has worked for everything else (spreadsheets, and anything else that cannot be added as an attachment).
Follow those 2 rules and you may get stuff done... maybe.. until google go out of business... or unless thresholds are put in place to avoid posting links :-)

Last edited by unknown1; 09-12-2017 at 11:08 AM.
post #9 of 16 Old 09-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 513
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3856
Likes (Received): 1481
Garage
I hit up the admins again about it. I was under the impression there was no minimum for this very reason. You get a new guy with a problem and you're asking for photos to try and help and they get all frustrated trying to get their photos to post.
Hopefully within a day or two it will be changed. Sorry for the confusion TheLastViking.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #10 of 16 Old 09-14-2017, 06:50 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
Wait

Last edited by jtclays; 03-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page