LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-02-2017, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Ariens Hydro Pro 28 EFI question

I have a question I just received and assembled my Ariens 28 hydro pro and it is miserable to push around with the engine off. is it normal to feel all that resistance without the machine running? I am currently charging the efi battery so will see what it does under power tomorrow. I'm just wondering is this thing dead in the water if the I run out of gas or is there a way to free up the wheels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-02-2017, 10:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 1
Did you have the lever pushed down, or did you just grab handles and pushed?
post #3 of 9 Old 10-02-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Just pushed and then after I assembled it I tried both ways and same thing
post #4 of 9 Old 10-02-2017, 11:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
I think the hydro should have a disengagement lever. You aren't suppose to push them around when the trans is connected.

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-02-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
It has a lever at the bottom that locks the trans and wheels completely and if you pull it out you still have to really push it hard.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-03-2017, 08:38 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 375
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
Lightbulb

Did it come with an owners manual? Does it have any info about how to move it without the engine running?

It may be part of the design where it does not disconnect the driven axles completely from the transmission, this happens on the older Honda HS series units where despite the fact that you move the lever on the rear of the machine and 'disengage' the hydrostatic transmission, when you push the machine you still have to 'fight' with moving all the components inside the 'gear reduction' side transmission and at least the main shaft on the hydrostatic transmission.
The new HSS series fully disconnects and lets the driven axles 'free wheel' (by pressing the trigger controlled levers) making it really easy to move the machine around whether the engines is running or not.

One thing that I have noticed on all the track blowers I've ha(including my new HSS1332ATD) is that it can be very difficult to move around with the engine of if it's done on an uneven surface (I have uneven gravel) as if the center of the tracks start to interfere with the tracks 'guide' it will create a great drag, if it's an even hard surface no issues at all.

Actually I think that I remember of a member complaining about this same issue a while back, but I can't recall who, when or on what thread it was....
post #7 of 9 Old 10-03-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
It runs and functions correctly but without power and with the trans disconnected like you Assad you still are wrestling with the chains and gears + the 300lb machine the honda model I looked at was deff easier to push as dead weight however the ariens functionality is quicker chute control and turning wise.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-03-2017, 09:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 1
I moved one at the dealer inside the store, and it seemed to move easy once I engaged the levers. Once I released them, it was a bear. If there is a local dealer, see if they have one and see if any difference.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-05-2017, 03:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 51
Garage
On my machine HYDRO PRO 36" There is a lever at the bottom of the machine that you pull out. It makes moving it around fairly easy. It won't roll like the older type Ariens machine, but that's how I move mine around the garage. It might have a little resistance because of the tranny bypass valve is too small? Maybe, maybe not.
It's a heavy machine so that could be the other reason why it's a little harder to move around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page