LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-27-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Ariens 624E Grease Points

Looking for help on an old Ariens 624E grease points. I know there are two zerks on the augers -- no problem there. The other two points look to be on the pulley or gear bushings -- I don't see any zerks, just curious of your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-28-2017, 09:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 52
Garage
What I do is put the machine on the bucket and remove the belly pan or the bottom cover, at the end of season. Gas is drained out of the machine. I remove the engine oil also.

Like you said 2 zerks on the auger, 1 zerk on the right side which lubes the speed selector. Remove both tires and apply grease to the axles. This is prevent them freezing on the axles if you need to work on the transmission in the future or if you need to replace tires.

Use a little white lithium grease applied with a finger to the hex shaft. The rubber wheel slides on this shaft so this keeps everything lubed and easy shifting.

When the machine is placed back on the wheels add fresh oil. Check the auger lube that it's full. Ariens sells the lube in little bottles. 1 bottle will last a lifetime.

Edit to add: don't over do the grease inside the machine. Too much grease could splash on the rubber wheel causing you speed problems. A little lube is better than a lot.
Your machine will last you many many years.

Bob

Last edited by Ariens hydro pro; 10-28-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page