Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-22-2017, 01:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 125
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 168
Unfortunately not. They do look awesome, would have to give the Honda HSS1332 a serious look as well at this price point. Will be tough to get any real world opinions on this machine this early in the game. Good luck!

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 12-10-2017, 09:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
I just picked up one of the 28" versions. I got a chance to try it out this weekend, even though we only got about an inch of snow - so not much of a test. I really like the flexibility of quickly switching from wheel to track mode. It is very maneuverable when in wheel mode, although I did find it to be a bit light in the front when going up hill in wheel mode (I'll probably add a weight kit to mine). Of course, no problem in track mode. It really is just of flick of the lever to switch modes which I find to be very handy. Again, I'll have to wait for a better test later in the season when we get more snow here in Michigan. BTW, starting it was a breeze, every time on the first pull, no need to use the electric start.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 220
Keep us posted when you get more real-life data, pls.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-2017, 05:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 414
Likes (Received): 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1 View Post
I just picked up one of the 28" versions. I got a chance to try it out this weekend, even though we only got about an inch of snow - so not much of a test. I really like the flexibility of quickly switching from wheel to track mode. It is very maneuverable when in wheel mode, although I did find it to be a bit light in the front when going up hill in wheel mode (I'll probably add a weight kit to mine). Of course, no problem in track mode. It really is just of flick of the lever to switch modes which I find to be very handy. Again, I'll have to wait for a better test later in the season when we get more snow here in Michigan. BTW, starting it was a breeze, every time on the first pull, no need to use the electric start.
NIce going! Keep us posted as to the performance. What kind of surfaces do you run on? Also are you using the stock skids? Lastly, do you like the autoturn feature, how is it working?

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #6 of 8 Old 12-13-2017, 12:31 AM

Post Thanks / Like
We had a little more snow here yesterday and I had a chance to try it out again this time with a weight kit added. I did find it better with the additional weight up front. I wonder if the weight distribution would be different for the 32" version. I still found it to work best in track mode up hill, however, and since it is so easy to switch back and forth, I found myself engaging track mode going up the hill, and switching back to wheel mode to make turns at the top. It seems that the more I use it the more I like it. Great traction even in wheel mode - I think better than a conventional wheeled snowblower. We're supposed to get more show here on Wed. I tried out the "dig in" mode on the hard pack left by the plows at the bottom of the driveway today as well - cleans it off right down to the pavement.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-13-2017, 12:50 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Sorry, I just noticed your post after I made mine. I am running mostly on pavement, although I have used it to clear a dog run path in my backyard. I did install some composite skids on mine to protect my paver walkways, which I have used it on as well with no problems. The autoturn feature works great, particularly when in "wheel" mode. It still works when in track mode, but as expected, it is harder to turn when in this mode. As I have mentioned before, it is so easy to switch back and forth between wheel and track mode that I find myself doing this often. I have a fairly large concrete pad outside my garage which is level, where I tend to operate in wheel mode. My asphalt driveway extends about 300ft from this pad to the street which is on a hill, so I tend to switch to track mode at the bottom of the hill at the street after making the turn-around and run in this mode all the way to the top, then switch back to wheel mode after I stop before turning around again. It doesn't slow things down a bit. I really think Ariens has come up with something unique with this design. I know it's probably overkill for my application, but I'm having fun, although my wife thinks I'm a little crazy.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-03-2018, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 12
Not that this matters too much for me, can you still adjust the bucket height? Do you find the chute controls hookey?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page