926014 manual diff lock not working and other questions. - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2017, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
926014 manual diff lock not working and other questions.

Hello everyone,

I have a 926014 model machine.

The manual trigger that activates the differential lock has never worked well and now does not work at all.

The mechanism consists of a lever that when pulled, actuates a plastic cam that slides a plastic sleeve over the axle. The plastic sleeve depresses a part in the diff mechanism that locks the system up. On my blower it appears that the plastic sleeve can move, but isn't able to move what it is supposed to be moving to lock the diff.

Does anyone know what's up with this system. I tried to find info online but got nothing except:

I have the same set up as in the video. Is there an easy fix for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 2
I have a 11528 (926102)with a lever actuated axle lock. When I bought it last month used, the previous owner told me it was broken and that his blower guy had quoted him around $200 to repair it.
So I did some reading on here and other spots in the net. Found that on this one there is a sliding mechanism that engages and releases the left wheel.
I made sure the fuel level was below half, tipped the blower up on it's housing to service position and removed the service cover.
Found the cable stretched and the mechanism intact but rusty and sticky.
I sprayed it with some penetrating oil, being careful to keep the oil off the drive disc. Then I got the release sliding again and ordered the cable for $40.
I also noticed a lot of rust in there. While reading I found there was a shield available to keep melting snow out of there. The shield only cost $11 plus shipping. (I believe the shield is included with later blowers)
The cable was a straightforward install. I think it came with an instruction sheet. After that I had shiftable drive,
The shield looked easy to install but it turned out to be a pain. It was such a close fit that I ended up driving it into position with a block of wood. Then it was hard to start the bolts because of the spring tension of the shield. And, since it used allen drive bolts I had to turn them in by hand because I did not have the bit for a socket drive.

We had our first snow yesterday, it works great.

I'd recommend looking at youtube videos if you are unsure. But I can say that the machines are fairly well thought out. Most things are either obvious, or there is information available on what to do.

Last edited by 3repete; 12-10-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes classiccat liked this post
post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Thanks for the reply. The biggest issue is I can't find many videos on it.

If you look at the video I posted you can hear the guy talking about how it works. On mine it seems like something is not lining up and letting the parts engage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page