Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
Ariens 30 SHO junk?

I w123

Last edited by jtclays; 03-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes aldfam4 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 Old 01-05-2018, 10:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 144
Thanks (Received): 275
Likes (Given): 379
Likes (Received): 927
You're correct JT. That vid is painful to watch. I honestly believe he needs a little more common sense in operating his machine. I dunno... It's more an operator problem than equipment problem.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #3 of 80 Old 01-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 346
Likes (Given): 150
Likes (Received): 781
Seems like the cab is likely the problem..Its probably too much weight on the handlebars, making the front end too light. Yes, I understand it should work with the cab! but the cab might be no good for this model and these conditions. He should try it without the cab..then, if it works perfectly without the cab, he can either go without the cab, or demand a refund from the dealer and/or Ariens, and get a different machine..

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 80 Old 01-05-2018, 11:04 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 52
Garage
I think it's traveling too fast. The owner says it's in the lowest gear.

I feel it's out of adjustment or the tires are too big. Did they put bigger tires on this new model?

Bob
post #5 of 80 Old 01-05-2018, 11:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 204
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 579
Likes (Received): 110
with drifting like that, it wouldn't hurt to put up some snow fencing - especially around the driveway area.

Last edited by aldfam4; 01-06-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes uberT liked this post
post #6 of 80 Old 01-05-2018, 11:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 127
Thanks (Received): 119
Likes (Given): 270
Likes (Received): 140
I know exactly the conditions the guy in the vid is dealing with and learned the key is to get out there before the snow gets compacted.

Today is the first day that I haven't blown snow in the last 4 days and it hasn't snowed here in over a week. I'm dealing with wind-blown stuff and if I try to wait and do it once a day I have to resort to the "Peeling an Onion" method, which is working my way down through it with multiple passes and trying to break up the snow by kicking it while walking behind the blower.

Three days ago I let it go 24 hrs. since the depth's were nothing, something like 8-inches deep. That day the snow was so packed that even though I weigh 220 lbs. I couldn't even make a dent in the surface by jumping up & down on it and while kicking it while walking behind the blower it broke up in slabs that I thought would make good igloo building material if it was just a little thicker.

I've found that the hardest pass is the first and the day I waited to blow it took me close to 35 minutes of peeling the onion to do one width for about 100 yrds. After I get the first pass fairly good I take slow half passes so at least one skid is down by the base and I can break things up fairly good but still have to make multiple passes and let the tire (with chains) in "the open" weaken the "slab snow." There were times that the blower was throwing snow like crazy and it's like I disengaged the auger because I walked right up on it and my machine, all in, with weight kit, pro Armor Skids & tire chains weighs close to 375 lbs.

I was surprised that it appeared as if the fellow in the video kept making full width passes and with a 30" wide auger housing his weight is spread over a wider area than my 28" Pro Hydro is. I do have a 10 lb. weight kit on the front and may opt for another 10.

When it comes to having it plowed, it's something I will have done if things get too bad but try to prevent that at all costs. The piles produced by the plow are nothing more than drift generators and the drifts will be as high as the piles involved so, by blowing, I only, generally speaking, have to deal with depths based on the depth of snow and height of the drop off(s) along the side of the driveway.

Go left.....No, your other left!
post #7 of 80 Old 01-05-2018, 11:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 37
Likes (Received): 123
Man that's terrible performance out of that new ariens. Those drifts seemed like light dry snow idk that would frustrate the heck out of me.

The guy is right for his application the older heavy long wheelbase blowers would work better then the new one. So much for advancing technology and performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
post #8 of 80 Old 01-06-2018, 12:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 29
Likes (Received): 17
The newer Ariens are different than the older 924s and older series and the new ones do have quicker chute turning and other great features like lights and heated handlebars
I have used a 924 series blower for years , i had the early model 91000 before that,yes, the newer models do roll up and work different
Maybe he should remove the weight and cover and try it the way it was made.
Lower the chute that’ll keep the snow out of your face.

Use it a few times,and hope he gets used to it.
If that does not work buy a refurbished / rebuilt older model like he had and at least get some enjoyment out of snowblowing.Poor guy put alot of effort into the video,and it was painful to watch and listen to it

I try the newer models too, after I service them,but I’d rather use my old 32” 924024 ,probably thats cause I’ve used it for 20 plus years
Sorry to see someone unhappy with an Ariens product, I like them.

Ariens 924116 10 hp 28
Ariens 924024 8 hp 32 now a 10 hp
Ariens 910008 7 hp 24

Last edited by Ian Ariens 924; 01-06-2018 at 12:20 AM.
post #9 of 80 Old 01-06-2018, 02:04 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 158
Can he put chains on the tires of that snow caster and more weight on the front??

He's just in line for a heart attack of he keeps that up.

At least he should see about chains and if that does not work trade it for a tracked model with a weight kit.
post #10 of 80 Old 01-06-2018, 07:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 19
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 102
Likes (Received): 217
His snowblowing technique is all wrong. Waited too long to get out there, too fast, should be feathering the drive , should be taking half buckets, should have his chute angled lower, should be going parrarel with the EOD, stop pressing on the handle bars, skids are set to high, blowing snow at his house, and get rid of the cab. Operator error!!!!!

Last edited by russ01915; 01-06-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Boston_Rob, detdrbuzzard, outrag1 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page