What engine do I have in my ARIENS 921005 (ST927LE) ? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
What engine do I have in my ARIENS 921005 (ST927LE) ?

Hello everyone,

I have a Ariens 921005 ( ST927LE ) snowblower, and want to purchase a new carb for it. I am finding it difficult / impossible to find a part number for the carb for this thing,
and so I thought I should try and find what engine is on this snowblower, and that is proving super difficult to find also.

If anyone can help me out I'd be grateful ! thank you very much !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 01:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 83
Likes (Given): 60
Likes (Received): 189
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyTheBeerMan View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a Ariens 921005 ( ST927LE ) snowblower, and want to purchase a new carb for it. I am finding it difficult / impossible to find a part number for the carb for this thing,
and so I thought I should try and find what engine is on this snowblower, and that is proving super difficult to find also.

If anyone can help me out I'd be grateful ! thank you very much !
goog 921005 carb took 30 seconds
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...-/262778048664
you can find them cheaper
post #3 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks 1122le, funny thing, I came across that listing. Can't find the model number of the carb, or the engine I have on my snowblower though.

BTW, it seems Amazon is selling a lot of these now..... I just checked there for fun - even cheaper than eBay ! .... but... what which one ?

getting the right one is not easy from the looks of it, and it's a gamble. I just wish Ariens would say ... this snowblower model equals this engine model etc... would make
life so much easier.

I typed in to Google " What engine do I have in my ARIENS 921005 (ST927LE) " and also what carb do I have... and you just don't get any real results.
A lot of those online part stores... but even when you go there and plug in your info, the site can't find the full carb at all. It's frustrating
post #4 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 01:18 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyTheBeerMan View Post
Thanks 1122le, funny thing, I came across that listing. Can't find the model number of the carb, or the engine I have on my snowblower though.

BTW, it seems Amazon is selling a lot of these now..... I just checked there for fun - even cheaper than eBay ! .... but... what which one ?

getting the right one is not easy from the looks of it, and it's a gamble. I just wish Ariens would say ... this snowblower model equals this engine model etc... would make
life so much easier.

I typed in to Google " What engine do I have in my ARIENS 921005 (ST927LE) " and also what carb do I have... and you just don't get any real results.
A lot of those online part stores... but even when you go there and plug in your info, the site can't find the full carb at all. It's frustrating

i am 99.9% sure you have a 9 hp tec 318 cc says that on the motor tag they all use the same carb pretty much 8 amd 9 hp do anyway
you can buy and adjustable carb or and epa catb id get adjustable

Last edited by sscotsman; 01-10-2018 at 09:17 AM.
post #5 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 01:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-....c100011.m1850

Last edited by 1132le; 01-10-2018 at 01:23 AM.
post #6 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302

Last edited by jtclays; 03-13-2018 at 05:48 PM.
post #7 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thank you for all the info gentlemen ! I appreciate it !

jtclays - I have NO clue how you found that info out, but on that partstree website, I started off my search with "Ariens" and my model number of snowblower and could never
find the carb parts.... they just don't show up for me.... but it seems you used a different technique by searching instead with "TEC-640349" ... which brings it up.... wow
that's amazing - thank you !

To get that "TEC-640349" -- I have no clue where you got it.... but yup that's my carb ! .... the carb bowl on mine is not adjustable....... and that's the exact model I have.

I wonder what happens when you buy a carb with a bowl.... that has that extra screw/nozzle on it..... does this now add extra benefit ? or will the engine not run correctly ?
post #8 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I'm seeing this one on Amazon Canada.... **** that's inexpensive....... does anyone think this is the CORRECT carb ?

IZTOR Carburetor For Tecumseh 632334A 632234 HM70 HM80 HMSK80 HMSK90 Engines Carb with Gasket

$20.99 Canadian ( and free shipping )

Not sure if that link will work, but hopefully it does. I did try and verify any of those models numbers they give but nothing corresponds so at this point it may not be
the right carb... if it was, I'd order this right now.
post #9 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302

Last edited by jtclays; 03-13-2018 at 05:47 PM.
post #10 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Hi jtclays, ah thank you for that great info ! it's much appreciated. Learning to search for parts is like learning a new language !

on a side-note..... that OEM Replacement Parts for Mowers, Trimmers, Blowers, Chainsaws, Snow Throwers and much more | PartsTree.com website --- amazing selection of parts.... but $30 shipping to Canada.... that is on even a $2 part... ouch.... big ouch.
I love Canada, but sometimes I wish I lived in the States..... anyone down there, has access to so much more stuff than we can get up here ( at a reasonable cost )

Quote:
PartsTree.com offers shipping to Canada through a partnership with the USPS. PartsTree.com offers Standard Shipping starting at $29.99. All orders must be below 70lbs in total weight, and each order must be less than $1600 in total value. There is also a standard dimensional restriction of 130 inches in combined length and girth (distance around the thickest part of the parcel). We will contact you if your order exceeds any of these limitations. /end of quote

thanks again for your help jtclays

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtclays View Post
Frosty, when you look up the machine, usually one of the sections is "engine and belt drive" or something similar. Schematic will usually have a call out for the engine (frequently #1) which will give you the basic call letters and numbers for the engine. For specifics of what your engine has on it, like stator or electric start options, you need the rest of the numbers from your engine, usually on a sticker on the recoil housing for newer Tec's. Honda and LCT are usually etched in the block on the right side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page