LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Ariens test run

Finally got to use the Arenes ST1336LT today. This is my first time ever using a snow blower (other than a small 2-stroke MTD). Didnít have much snow, only about an inch or two of heavy wet stuff. At first it didnít do so good because there was so little snow it didnít seem to load the impeller correctly. Snow would kind of sputter and spit out the chute 10 or 15 feet or so. Seemed kind of boring so I changed things around a bit.

Took my tractor and snow plow and plowed all the snow into a 2 foot wide, 10 inch deep strip 25 feet long. Anyone watching me must have thought I was nuts lining my snow up instead of just pushing it away.

Lined up the blower with the strip of snow, and at WOT in 2nd gear I let her rip. The impeller loaded good and the governed did its thing keeping the RPMs up as a constant stream of the white stuff flew a good 25 to 30 feet. One pass and I was done.

I was a bit concerned when I got this thing that it may be too big. I suppose it is overkill for my use but the price was better than right, and I think it will work just fine. All it needs is a lot of snow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Smile

glad your blower works well ,you'll appreciate the extra size bucket and engine when you get the real big snows, its better to have a little bigger blower than not enough blower. keep it well maintained , nothing worse that really needing a blower and it's down.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 235
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
I think that might have been fun to watch. Pretty clever way to test the new Ariens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page