Using my Path-Pro in 4.5" of fluff......VIDEOS - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-26-2014, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 10
Using my Path-Pro in 4.5" of fluff......VIDEOS

Seeing I actually got to snowblow during daylight hours I thought I'd record a little bit of me using my Path-Pro. The snow was VERY light and fluffy. For all of you obsessed over throwing distance, like most snow blowers, in order for it to throw it's max distance you need a decent load and a full impeller housing. If this snow was the heavy stuff as opposed to the light stuff we got, it would have thrown it farther than what you saw it throw this fluffy stuff.

In the second video I am blowing some more dense snow, as a lot of it has already been blown.

Last edited by JRHAWK9; 01-26-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-26-2014, 04:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 108
Nice videos Hawk! Your back yard is ta die for and the path pro looks to be working real well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
A collection of shovels that I try to avoid using
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-26-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hill View Post
Nice videos Hawk! Your back yard is ta die for and the path pro looks to be working real well.
thanks! That's actually our front yard. Our back yard is the same though but with no road and not a structure within eyesight.

So far it's been working great. I also have to blow out the neighbors driveway about an 1/8 mile down the road. She has a slightly smaller driveway. It takes a bit to blow out 7,000+ SF of driveway with a little 21" SS. LOL I wanted to use it though to get some hours on it and get it nice and warm so I could dump the factory fill. Plus I have my Pro 32's chute rotation control mechanism apart waiting for the -"CLIP"-.
post #4 of 13 Old 01-26-2014, 05:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 225
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 1882
Likes (Received): 663
nice vids of the path pro in action jrhawk

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #5 of 13 Old 01-26-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
thanks.

I'm not well versed at these videos, so there's lots I could have done better....lol Towards the end of the first one I tried to demonstrate the easy starting. I short-pulled it the first time trying to show off....that didn't work too good...lol I pulled it normally the second pull.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 07:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Nice videos.
You have yourself a single stage winner there. Looks like fun. I should give a single stage a more serious look for all those light snow falls we get.

Ken
post #7 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 102
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 273
Likes (Received): 148
Looks great, JR! The Path Pro can really throw snow I haven't been able to try mine yet so you never know what to expect.

I've been using a single stage machine exclusively for many years. It was about 6 yrs. ago that we purchased the big MTD machine. While each machine has its virtues and vices, I don't think I'd want to get by with only a 2 stage. We've got kind of a dangerous drive (very steep) that needs to be cleaned down to bare pavement and that's what these single stage machines excel at. In fact, I only use the single stage machine if I can get away with it. I'm just moving along much faster than with a big machine and it typically leaves the pavement "snow-free" like we see in these videos.

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | poly skids
post #8 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53 View Post
I should give a single stage a more serious look for all those light snow falls we get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberT View Post
I don't think I'd want to get by with only a 2 stage.
That's the reason I picked up this SS. There was just something awkward about using a Pro 32 to blow 3" of fluff. It's sorta like pounding in a finishing nail with a 20lb sledge. I'm glad I decided to pick one up.

Previous years it was not really a problem, as we had a gravel driveway and I wouldn't blow any of these small snow events. I'd leave them for a good base so I wasn't picking up gravel when I did blow the larger snow events. Now with asphalt, I want to keep it as clean as I can. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm OCD about it, but o well, gives them something to talk about
post #9 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 12:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Nice videos. That SS works well.
I'm jealous of your lot & the little peek of your log home, which has always been a favorite of mine. How much land do you have?
post #10 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner50 View Post
Nice videos. That SS works well.
I'm jealous of your lot & the little peek of your log home, which has always been a favorite of mine. How much land do you have?

thanks, we don't have all that much, just a few acres. It's all wooded though all around us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page