LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-19-2018, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 64
Likes (Given): 205
Likes (Received): 139
Yet another Predator repower

Someone that bought a snowblower from me back in January pinged me out of the blue last week, stating that the one I sold him stopped working. He feared that the gearbox blew up.

He asked me if I'd be willing to remove the Predator 212cc engine from the one I sold him and move it over to his old Ariens 924082 (the old engine on the 924082 had a hole on the side of the block). I agreed to do it and had him bring both machines.

It came out pretty well and he was happy with the result. I got to keep all of the leftover parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes detdrbuzzard, tpenfield, Jackmels liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-19-2018, 06:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 585
One of my personal machines is a ST 824 with the chondra.......15 years its been blowing anything that is in its way. Just digs in when the snow is over the bucket and the sound when its on the governer is music. A Chondra, tall chute , impeller kit and chains...one would never need another snowblower......for some reason..the 6.5 hp Chinese horses seem to have more oomph the the 8 American Tecumseh horses......I think the old flathead B&S 7 or 8 hp engines were more torque and RPM then the Tecs......I'm not going to repower with a 40 year old flathead though......
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Jackmels liked this post
post #3 of 3 Old 03-19-2018, 09:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 250
Likes (Received): 297

the 6.5 hp Chinese horses seem to have more oomph the the 8 American Tecumseh horses

oh jeez this is going to start WWIII

1989 John Deere 1032
1979 Toro 5/24 38040 (now a 6.5/24)
2015 Snapper Pro SW30 52" Mower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page