LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-21-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 16
Review of Platnium 24 SHO

First off let me say this machine is well built and you can just tell the quality over other machines I’ve had (craftsman/Troy bilt.)

The auger and drive control are very easy to use and very responsive. The auto turn is very easy to get the hang off which i thought might be a issue but it was simple as they said it would be. The heated hand grips get toasty warm where at one point I wore no gloves at all. The weight of the unit in my opinion is well balanced. The motor never even thought of bogging down in the 10+ inches of wet snow we had today in north west NJ. The thing throws snow i mean it launches snow a mile and then some. There is really nothing I don’t like about this machine other than my neighbors asking me about it. The unit is well built and by far blows (no pun intended) any snowblower I’ve ever owned away. I’m super happy i pony up the dough and bought this model. The engine just is a beast and starts right up and runs great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8BAF1AAE-D4FE-414E-AC2D-C09F484346AD_1521685772314.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	139402  
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes detdrbuzzard, knu2xs, Blackstar liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 12:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Hi Kenneth. Glad your happy with it. I to have a new plat. Today was the first use with real snow. I bought it in December and all we had was some nuisance snow. I didn't even bother to bring it out except for one snowfall. We got 18 inches over night so I got to put it to the test. All I can say is wow. It made short work of my driveway and sidewalks. The eod was a joke. Was about 3 feet and the plat tore through it like butter. I even plowed out a parking space on the side of the house for my sons car, and helped out some neighbors. All in all it took me about one and a half hours total. For everything. It would of been at least 4 hours using my old blower, if I even attempted the extra stuff. The eod would kill me. So happy with this purchase. I saw your post on storage and I'm going with the manual on this one. If there's ever a problem I'll tell them I followed their recommendations. Stay warm. Steve
post #3 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 01:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Received): 21
great reviews and congratulations! the EOD experience is encouraging (I'm considering the 24SHO for next year)

a couple questions -

either of you have a gravel driveway?

are you using the stock skids?

Shatfieldj - "except for one snowfall." - how was it on the smaller snowfall? I'm assuming that your other snowthrower was smaller, how did it compare with less snow. I'm wondering whether the larger 14" impeller+augers is less efficient on smaller amounts.
post #4 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 02:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Trellis. I have paved driveway and stock skids. The other snowfall was about two to three inches. Heavy wet snow. I was anxious to try it out. Did just fine. Didn't throw snow as far, but didn't clog either. I would of had to stop to clear the chute of my old toro several times. It didn't like wet heavy snow. I was pleased with the performance with that little snow. Overall very pleased with the new machine. It seems to sip gas too I still have gas left after clearing today, and I threw a lot of snow, especially in the street side. Hope this helps.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 03:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 95
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 225
Likes (Received): 135
@Kenneth Richard

Ken, welcome aboard! Did you buy the EFI unit or the carbureted engine?

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | poly skids
post #6 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 04:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Received): 21
>Shatfieldj

thanks! you are making my decision easy.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
[QUOTE=uberT;1558530]@Kenneth Richard

Ken, welcome aboard! Did you buy the EFI unit or the carbureted engine?[/QUOTE

Thank you sir....I have the carbureted motor.

I have a smooth driveway and i had the dealer installed the composite shoes on it but i kept the steel ones and I’ll tell you they are heavy duty no skimping out on the quality of the unit.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks uberT thanked for this post
post #8 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Also as a extended review I went out this morning to tackle what EOD stuff that the snow plow left and it was no issue at all I even did the other neighbors EOD stuff just cause it was so much fun and easy to use. The only thing i would say I don’t like is the filter when you fill up the gas it’s a little tricky you have to pour the gas slowly to avoid spillage but not a real
Issue just being picky to find one thing I don’t like hahahaha. I love this machine hope we get another foot next week.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-22-2018, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatfieldj View Post
Trellis. I have paved driveway and stock skids. The other snowfall was about two to three inches. Heavy wet snow. I was anxious to try it out. Did just fine. Didn't throw snow as far, but didn't clog either. I would of had to stop to clear the chute of my old toro several times. It didn't like wet heavy snow. I was pleased with the performance with that little snow. Overall very pleased with the new machine. It seems to sip gas too I still have gas left after clearing today, and I threw a lot of snow, especially in the street side. Hope this helps.
Yea it is very good on gas I’m going to fill her up with stabilizer and run it for 5 min shut the fuel switch off let it die and then top it off as per the manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page