post #1 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
cuz

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 6
Best time to buy an Ariens?

When do you guys think is the best time to buy a new Ariens blower? Now that winter is pretty much over in New England, are better deals to be had going into the warm season so dealers won't have to store them (that's if they have them in stock), or should I wait until the end of summer when local dealers are getting them in for the upcoming snow season?

Is there a standard discount % off MSRP that is normal for Ariens? Or are the prices pretty standard? Personally, I'm in MA. I'm sure things are different across the country. Also, are most of you buying your Ariens blowers locally or online?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 10:28 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1148
I would buy it from your trusty local hood dealer if you can. rather than getting it online.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 01:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 190
Garage
I don't think you'll see too much discounting on the Ariens machines. Even the big box stores tend to sell them pretty close to MSRP.

Regards, Ted
Current & Past Fleet:
2017 Husqvarna ST224 (SOLD)
2014 Troy-Bilt 2410 w/ Briggs & Stratton 305cc Engine
2003 Ariens ST824LE (SOLD)
1999 Toro PowerShift 824 w/ 318cc OHV Tecumseh Engine
1988 Toro 521 w/ 212cc Predator Engine
1985 Toro 3521 w/ 179cc Powermore Engine (SOLD)
post #4 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 02:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 167
As you said the key is if they have excess inventory, in my NY Metro burb they certainly did after such a mild winter with little snow. A local dealer here offered a friend a new 2018 Ariens Platinum 24 SHO for $1400. USD cash out the door. Generally August is a good time to buy an Ariens if there isn't a surplus, new model year is launched and becomes available to dealers along with any new promo for example financing or warranty extension. Best of luck on your search Ariens is a good choice first rate support and a fair price for what you're getting. My one peave is a poorly designed gas tank/cap used on many of their 306cc and larger low-profile Gen 3 LCT engines.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

post #5 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 633
Another vote for buying locally if possible.

From what I've read here, you'll still get the warranty if you buy from an authorized Ariens online dealer. But if you need warranty service, and you call your local dealer, they are obligated to work on it (as I understand it), but you might go towards the back of their line. They may prioritize service for people who bought from them, and you may wait longer to get yours fixed.

I imagine this would still be the case if you bought from a big-box store, then took it to your local dealer for warranty service.

I presume this is a general phenomenon, not specific to Ariens. It's a bummer, and it kinda doesn't seem right. But at the end of the day, if that's how it works, then that's worth knowing.

If it's hypothetically $100 more from your local dealer, maybe that's worth it, to have someone who can go over the machine with you in-person, make sure it's adjusted correctly before delivery, and will still be there to support you afterwards.

And I don't know when is a better time to buy, post-season, or pre-season. But you could maybe call around to your local places (dealers, hardware stores, etc) to see if they're having sales. Their sales might be easier to miss than a Home Depot sale, for instance.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #6 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 03:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 665
Thanks (Received): 174
Likes (Given): 1057
Likes (Received): 1088
Garage
i vote for buying used from someone that bought new for this past winter and is retiring to Florida.

late spring or summer. save big bucks.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes aldfam4 liked this post
post #7 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 04:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 220
Likes (Received): 134
Yeah, don't hold you're breath for deep discounting on new machines - - it doesn't really happen with Ariens.

As mentioned above, try to find a virtually new machine someone wants to unload. Keep in mind, Ariens warranty is NOT transferrable.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-25-2018, 05:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 633
My personal preference would also be for a lightly-used/nearly-new machine. But I left that out, since he specifically mentioned buying new.

But yeah, you'd probably save more money if you could buy something 1-2 years old, I'm guessing spring & summer are good times to buy. Though the selection may be smaller, if people aren't thinking to sell (even some of us probably aren't thinking about snowblowers in July when it's hot & sunny), or those that *wanted* to sell already did.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in