LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-03-2018, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 98
Gear Box Rebuild

Hi guys, Would anyone close to me here in Connecticut like to tackle the task of rebuilding my gear box on my 1971 Ariens?

Send me a private message...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-03-2018, 03:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 108
Thanks (Received): 164
Likes (Given): 347
Likes (Received): 645
PM Sent
post #3 of 8 Old 04-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 34
thats a shame, i would have given you a truckload of gearboxes if you had seen my ad last week
post #4 of 8 Old 04-03-2018, 08:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 45
Probably should not have been to quick to scrap them. If given a few weeks I am sure someone would have came by to save them or at least some parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arienskids View Post
thats a shame, i would have given you a truckload of gearboxes if you had seen my ad last week
post #5 of 8 Old 04-03-2018, 11:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 70
Thanks (Received): 168
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 580
Sometimes circumstances dictate we have to do some culling of the herd. It was generous of Arienskids to offer those machines....and if it hadn't been such a long drive from SE Mass to Connecticut...I would have taken them.....even though I've got a half dozen 10000 series parts machines already. I really hate to junk usable parts, but in an urban neighborhood, or living with a spouse or parents...sometimes you have to let them go......The good new is there is no shortage of 10000 series parts.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks arienskids thanked for this post
Likes arienskids, eyebolt liked this post
post #6 of 8 Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 45
I totally agree with you. You know as well as I do. I go to great lengths to save a machine and or parts from them if I can.

I was just a little disappointed to see that the time they were posted to the time they got scraped was very short. Espesially when offers were on the table.

I have parts for 30+ of these. So I know how they can stack up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post
Sometimes circumstances dictate we have to do some culling of the herd. It was generous of Arienskids to offer those machines....and if it hadn't been such a long drive from SE Mass to Connecticut...I would have taken them.....even though I've got a half dozen 10000 series parts machines already. I really hate to junk usable parts, but in an urban neighborhood, or living with a spouse or parents...sometimes you have to let them go......The good new is there is no shortage of 10000 series parts.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-07-2018, 08:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 9
I hear your pain(s)!!! Down here in the Philadelphia suburbs I had to "give" several machines away this winter. I needed to clean out the shed and a lucky young man was the first to show up! I still have a few but times change! The last snow here a week ago was very wet,
maybe 10". My old 10,000 series 6 hp was the winner. I don't know the equations but something about width and horse power is very important. My 16 hp Gravely tractor with 38" blower just would not do it. If it had been 24'' of dry snow, that is a different story! Sure glad I kept that old 6 hp!!
post #8 of 8 Old 04-07-2018, 09:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 34
well i can assure you guys all the machines i scrapped were strictly parts machines. the way i see it, i got 75 bucks for some old worn out snowblowers i got from the dump and trade in deals. and i stripped a lot of the smalls before scrapping. unfortunately, the hoard was getting a bit to crazy and sometimes you just have to let go of the stuff, i dont want our property looking like a junkyard. not much more i can say. besides, the rarest blower in that lot was the bolens artic and i see those pop up at least 5 times a season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page