LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 12
Starts runs stalls out even choked.

My 2004 824 always ran quite well. First third of the season it didnít wanna start took the car bought took it apart cleaned it didnít find anything wrong. Put it back together ran OK for a while plowed twice and it started acting up again recently

It starts fine thereís gas in the float bowl but itíll stall out shortly after running pretty well for about 15/2o seconds. Doesnít lik to run off full choke and even dies there or on. Half
Choke. The I pulled the primer line off the carburetor. Air puffs out but of I plignthe rubber hose and push it in it wonít hold air. No damage showing on the red rubber lik cracks ect. Any brilliant observations on this. Fresh nobooze gas has spark......

2002 Ariens 932-101
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 12
Oh I found it. GAS CAP. It fell off plowing and I found it. Too bad the inner liner piece is gone. All I have is a plastic pin sutcking up with a small square of foam stuck through the middle. I donít see how whatever was there an currently on a snowbank someplace , allowed air in to replace the fuel draining down but it does . Itís definitely sir locking though .
Iím half tempted to drill the top side of the cap above the threads and call it good if itís gonna cast more than a few bucks.

2002 Ariens 932-101
post #3 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 02:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 112
That cap as it vents and replaces air also keeps gas vapor inside of the tank and debris out. water etc can easily come through a drilled hole, as well with gas vapor escaping your fuel is degrading even with stabil or similar product it does not protect open to air fuel evaporation or degradation.

That cap could end up being pretty cheap as opposed to other possible problems.
If the blower is stored in the garage, escaping fumes are not a good thing.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 03:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 29
The disc that is missing from your cap may be in the tank. A new cap is inexpensive.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 03:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 119
Same thing happened to me last year. A defective cap won't vent and acts like a vacuum lock and prevents the fuel from flowing into the system. Kind of like when you hold one end of a straw with your finger and the soda stays inside the straw. The replacement cap only cost about $10 and the problem was solved.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 05:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 83
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 249
I learned the same thing. Donnyboy did a video on it. Here ya go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page