Ariens 7hp Converting Solid Axle to Differential - Gap between hub lock and axle - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-13-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Ariens 7hp Converting Solid Axle to Differential - Gap between hub lock and axle

I picked up a 1978/9 7hp Ariens (924032) and it has the one piece axle which makes it a bugger to turn in my tight driveway. I just replaced the two piece axle and differential on my 8hp (924026) since it was getting a bit sloppy where the axle ends went into the differential (still worked fine... just being proactive). So I took the axle from my 8hp and put it into the 7hp and for whatever reason the wheel hub lock is not nice and tight against the axle wheel plate so that the short axle can move in and out about 1/8". It wasn't doing this on my 8hp so it seems odd that it is doing it on the 7hp. Any thoughts? I can certainly put a washer in between the hub lock and the axle wheel plate but I am just scratching my head on why??

Thanks,
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-14-2019, 01:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 141
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 329
Not familiar with this setup, but if putting in a spacer of some type I'd use either plastic or stainless steel to prevent rust issues in the future.

Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page