Ariens EFI Storage - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 03-27-2019, 08:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 24
On my engines, carbed or EFI, I treat the (always!) non-ethanol fuel, run the engine for a while to guarantee *treated* fuel has made it throughout the entire fuel system, then turn off the fuel valve and let the engine die on its own. Then I drain the fuel tank completely by removing a hose and draining it into a fuel can. Squirt some storage oil into each cylinder, manually turn the engine over a couple of times to distribute the storage oil, and clean/replace/gap the plug(s). Burn the old fuel in something else, and refill next winter with nice *fresh* non-ethanol fuel.

Result: Your engine's fuel system is fully protected with treated fuel, your engine's combustion sections are fully protected with storage oil, and you don't have gasoline aging in the tank for 6-9 months.

My political litmus test: I will vote for any candidate, regardless of party affiliation or positions on other issues, who promises to abolish the TSA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 03-28-2019, 09:44 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSB1766 View Post
So here is what I did, drained out the tank ran engine until it ran out of fuel, filled tank with NON ethanol 93 octane fuel with Star-Tron fuel treatment, ran engine for 5 minutes and turned it off. Set a reminder in my phone to charge the battery in 3 months, will probably start it then and run it for a few minutes.
That sounds like a winner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page