LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-05-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 0
Smile 926LE 926001 Upgrades/Fixes

As I prepare for the snow to fly in a few months, I took a look at what I want to improve upon on my 926LE. Here is what I am preparing to order and install:

Sounds like a no-brainer upgrade here..
DUAL ATTACHMENT BELT KIT, 72600700, https://parts.ariens.com/Snow-Blower...0.htm?CartID=1

Melted snow on the friction disk, wheels randomly not spinning.. Yup..
ENGINE BAFFLE, 52605600, https://parts.ariens.com/product-p/5...0.htm?CartID=3

And since I will have the belt area open, looks like it won't be too much more work to change out the drive belt:
TRACTION V-BELT, 07200101, https://parts.ariens.com/Snow-Blower...1.htm?CartID=2

My chute has always given me troubles... Sometimes it is stubborn and won't lock in place. Sounds like this is the fix..
QUICK TURN CHUTE UPDATE KIT, 52609100, https://parts.ariens.com/Snow-Blower...0.htm?CartID=4

Any other items I should look at upgrading, or thoughts on these upgrades?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-06-2019, 06:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 202
All of your upgrades make sense, and i would also do the impeller seal. After that you will be throwing snow for a mile.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ngs428 liked this post
post #3 of 6 Old 08-06-2019, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the reply. I saw some info on the impeller seal. Is there a good DIY video on this mod? I understand it is more of a diy mod than anything factory.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-06-2019, 07:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngs428 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I saw some info on the impeller seal. Is there a good DIY video on this mod? I understand it is more of a diy mod than anything factory.

You should be able to find videos on YouTube, and instructions on this forum. Yes - DIY. No one is sure why it is not offered as a factory feature, but everyone loves it - especially when dealing with wet, slushy snow. I did my Ariens just like yours, and I love it. The dual-belt kit is a bargain from Ariens. About $50, and it includes about $100+ worth of parts. Ariens pricing is way out of wack from their normal pricing. Get it quick - before they read my post - LOL.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-06-2019, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIT333 View Post
You should be able to find videos on YouTube, and instructions on this forum. Yes - DIY. No one is sure why it is not offered as a factory feature, but everyone loves it - especially when dealing with wet, slushy snow. I did my Ariens just like yours, and I love it. The dual-belt kit is a bargain from Ariens. About $50, and it includes about $100+ worth of parts. Ariens pricing is way out of wack from their normal pricing. Get it quick - before they read my post - LOL.
For the impeller kit, I found this one, seems to be a big seller. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNOW-BLOWER...e/291121649749
Drilling out the impeller looks like it will be a pain the butt for sure.. I may bite on this, not sure... 3/8" or 1/4" rubber, does it matter??

I ordered the dual belt kit ($60.50) from Ariens.

I actually live about 2 hours form Ariens. I grew up about a half hour from their manufacturing factory. Just took a tour of their snowblower plant last week. Lot of well used dedicated tooling, multi station presses and AGVs taking the frames through assembly where about 30 workers work on it. Quite the process.

Thanks!

Last edited by ngs428; 08-06-2019 at 10:59 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-11-2019, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I installed these 4 upgrades today. Impeller mod parts are on order! Now I just need snow. Neighbors were wondering what I was doing.. - LOL

DUAL ATTACHMENT BELT KIT, ENGINE BAFFLE, TRACTION V-BELT, QUICK TURN CHUTE UPDATE KIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in