LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 08-13-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
EFI Fuel pump dead

Model 926068 hydro pro EFI model, only 7 months old. Went to start it in the shed a few days ago and it was dead. I followed the service manual troubleshooting and deduced that the fuel pump is dead. LED flash code is 27 (low/no fuel pressure), and there is 7.8VDC at the fuel pump terminals with the ignition switch on. No sound or pressure from the fuel pump.
Next question is should I replace it myself or have the dealer do it since it is only 7 months old and only has about 2 hours use on it. If it is an easy fix I would rather do it myself for convenience sake since since the dealer will likely charge for transporting it back and forth. Anyone know what is involved in replacing the fuel pump, it appears to be inaccessible without removing the fuel tank and I am not sure what that involves either at first glance. Thanks for any help!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes knu2xs liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-13-2019, 10:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 151
probably best to contact the dealer. i would assume if it is covered under warranty they should cover the cost of transporting it. there is also a good chance that they won't give you the new pump free of charge if you are doing the work yourself or blame you and not warranty fix anything in the future if something does go wrong. this is probably the best time of year to get it looked at. definitely beating the winter rush

arien 520 snow blower 6.5hp swap
yardworks 31AH6WKF515
post #3 of 14 Old 08-13-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Yeah, good point on the future warranty coverage. I just called the dealer, its $50 round trip transport fee. Considering the distance, I'm ok with that since I have no way to get it there on my own. Hopefully the new pump lasts more than a few hours this time, LOL. I hate to have it die in a storm.
post #4 of 14 Old 08-13-2019, 03:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
with how new the technology is it is better safe than sorry to have the dealer check/service it especially if it is still under warranty. minus well let the warranty cover the parts/labor cost especially with what any fuel injected machine costs. i would have hoped it would also cover transport fee but you never know. i guess dealers have to make money of some sort since i doubt warranty work pays too good.

yardworks 31AH6WKF515
post #5 of 14 Old 08-13-2019, 09:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 29
Garage
What is battery voltage. Does starter crank over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 14 Old 08-14-2019, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzywolfie View Post
with how new the technology is it is better safe than sorry to have the dealer check/service it especially if it is still under warranty. minus well let the warranty cover the parts/labor cost especially with what any fuel injected machine costs. i would have hoped it would also cover transport fee but you never know. i guess dealers have to make money of some sort since i doubt warranty work pays too good.
They are picking it up this weekend to take it back to the shop, I'll let you know what they find in case anyone else has the same problem. I am 99% sure it is the fuel pump from the the troubleshooting that I did per the service manual but we will see. I wish Ariens could just send me the fuel pump but I understand their reluctance to trust an "untrained" person to troubleshoot.

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-14-2019 at 07:50 AM.
post #7 of 14 Old 08-14-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by groomerz View Post

The battery is good, freshly charged. Voltage at the fuel pump is about 8 VDC with igntion on, which is what it should be. The trouble code LED is flashing "2-7" which is low/no fuel pressure per the manual. There is fuel in the tank, no kinked fuel lines, no blockage in the fuel filter. With ignition on, there is no sound from the pump at all and no pressure. All indications are pointing to the fuel pump, hopefully the dealer will find the same.

In case anyone else can use it, here is a link to the service manual for the EFI models. The EFI troubleshooting section is towards the end.

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/05136630B.pdf
post #8 of 14 Old 08-14-2019, 02:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
did you drain the fuel tank and run the tank dry after its last use? electric fuel pumps are pretty sensitive. i would almost wonder if you need to run some 2 stroke gas through the pump at the end of the season as long as there is no o2 sensor on it. the fuel pump used on it looks similar to what is used in cars and they hate sitting dry and it would never hurt to keep them lubed in the off season but may want to consult the dealer and see if they have suggestions.

yardworks 31AH6WKF515
post #9 of 14 Old 08-15-2019, 12:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 61
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by groomerz View Post

Not related. This blower does not have battery start, just 110v, and the battery it has is small and for the EFI only.
post #10 of 14 Old 08-15-2019, 09:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 95
Thanks (Received): 148
Likes (Given): 280
Likes (Received): 590
I would never buy a Machine that can have these types of Problems. Each to their own.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Town liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page