LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
2020 Ariens Pro models

Wanting to get the jump on winter and found the new Ariens have arrived at the dealer. Was looking at the Pro 28, and found that the model number was changed this year to (926077), previous year was (926065) and it does not list Briggs & Stratton as the engine. It still shows it being the 420 AX Polar Force, but not B&S. Not sure why they are not using the Briggs anymore, but the down side is the 2019 model only shows the fuel tank at .8 gallon, compared to 1.475 gallons on the previous years. The small fuel tank size has been a complaint for some time, and the larger tank on the Pro models a real advantage, especially for the commercial users. This is one of the main reasons I was looking at the Pro because of the larger fuel tank. What the heck Ariens ? It would be nice if Ariens, or some after market company would offer an easy to fit larger fuel tank for several of their models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 08:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 97
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 96
In Canada, Ariens currently offers the 926077 powered by the LCT AX 420cc engine and the 926065 powered by the B&S Polar Force 420cc engine. I cannot see the fuel tank size, but I would think the 926065 will come with the large tank.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
post #3 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 332
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 749
Just for clarity, the new machines are 2020 model year, last years models are 2019.

(Subject line of this thread now edited.)

thanks,
Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sscotsman; 08-14-2019 at 09:24 PM.
post #4 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the clarification on that being a 2020 model year. There are none of the Pro models left around here with the B&S engine that has the larger fuel tank. Must have been a reason whey Ariens went away from them, but think they still should have stuck with a larger fuel tank with the Pro models. It looks pretty much like the Platinum model but with more CC's..
post #5 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 02:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger9402 View Post
Wanting to get the jump on winter and found the new Ariens have arrived at the dealer. Was looking at the Pro 28, and found that the model number was changed this year to (926077), previous year was (926065) and it does not list Briggs & Stratton as the engine. It still shows it being the 420 AX Polar Force, but not B&S. Not sure why they are not using the Briggs anymore, but the down side is the 2019 model only shows the fuel tank at .8 gallon, compared to 1.475 gallons on the previous years. The small fuel tank size has been a complaint for some time, and the larger tank on the Pro models a real advantage, especially for the commercial users. This is one of the main reasons I was looking at the Pro because of the larger fuel tank. What the heck Ariens ? It would be nice if Ariens, or some after market company would offer an easy to fit larger fuel tank for several of their models.
I have a older Pro with a Techumsuh engine with the big tank. I take care of several driveways, and in the bigger storms, I've been on the edge of running out. I've looked at the B&S models because of the fuel tank.

I do need to replace my machine in next few seasons, and the tank will be a big issue.

OVERPOWERED is usually Adequate

Ariens 1128 Pro, 826 dle, 2 Path pro's
post #6 of 13 Old 08-14-2019, 04:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 121
Thanks (Received): 114
Likes (Given): 245
Likes (Received): 136
They did away with the larger tank with the 2018 Model Year on the 28 Pro Hydro EFI. I know because I chose the 28 Pro Hydro because of the larger tank and was going by Ariens web-site in October-November of 2017.

Shortly after I made my decision they updated their site and they had the smaller tank listed, which I wasn't happy with since our driveway is 275 yds long. I went with the smaller tank and its not that bad but I'm used to filling up at certain points just so I don't run out of gas way the heck & gone from the garage.

One thing that helps is that with the EFI I don't run full throttle all of the time like I do with my "carbed" Ariens. Our drive drifts in certain areas and other areas may only have a couple of inches so where there's little snow I simply back off on the gas and ramp it back up as I get into the drifts. It took a while to get used to doing it this way but now its getting to be "natural."

Go left.....No, your other left!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes tadawson liked this post
post #7 of 13 Old 08-15-2019, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the replies. I was getting my info from the previous year as well. I hear of all the reasons for the smaller fuel tanks, but I really don't understand it especially on the Pro models. I'm sure contractors who use these in their business won't be happy with the smaller tank either. Now if we could just find someone to manufacture a larger replacement tank for the Ariens machines....
post #8 of 13 Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 97
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger9402 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I was getting my info from the previous year as well. I hear of all the reasons for the smaller fuel tanks, but I really don't understand it especially on the Pro models. I'm sure contractors who use these in their business won't be happy with the smaller tank either. Now if we could just find someone to manufacture a larger replacement tank for the Ariens machines....
The B&S large fuel tank is shaped to accommodate the LCT 414cc engine so probably the 420cc engine too. It appears a taller version of the LCT tank. The tank is shaped correctly around the oil fill tube and the fuel fitting works perfectly with a new shut-off valve. The tank mounts near the exhaust are the same as the LCT engine, just need a taller U shaped strap to fit. The tank mounts near the starter motor side are different so need some fabrication. A fabricator could install the tank fairly easily and I expect the B&S fuel tank skirting (to prevent snow and ice buildup around governor and carb controls) should also be an easy install.

I am definitely not a good fabricator but installing the B&S large tank on my Platinum with the 414cc LCT engine is fairly easy.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
post #9 of 13 Old 08-15-2019, 11:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 14
Yup, my experience as well on the small tank. I complained not only to Ariens but also LCT. LCT said that the size of the tank was dictated by Ariens. I am sure it was for looks as it certainly was not for practicality. Ariens does not care, they basically said "oh well".
I get about 30 minutes of run time on my 28 Hydro Pro 28 EFI.
This is a perfect example when a machine is not designed by people that actually use the product. Shame on you Ariens!
Also for what it is worth, I had mine repaired this spring with a replacement of the ECU and the 7 volt battery. Will be buying the extended warranty as I don't trust this machine.
Robert
post #10 of 13 Old 08-16-2019, 07:38 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 72
Likes (Given): 278
Likes (Received): 146
Does the non-EFI 2020 engine have a throttle control? Is there any way to download a copy of the 2020 owners manual? When I try to download a copy the Ariens site asks for a serial number which I don't have or have access too because my dealer has none on his showroom yet.

2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page