LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 98
2015 28" Pro 926038

Hi guys, I need your input on this thread.

I happen to come across a 2015 Pro 28" 926038 for sale. It is in pretty darn good shape but it was used on a gravel driveway and it does have wear on the lower right impeller area along with the inside of the chute. The owner was very up front with making it known to me.

I thought it could make a good machine to get better thowing ability throw. It was not used a lot from what the owner says. He claims maybe... around 6 hours if that with premium fuel.

I did some reading about the auto turn, but I am confused on what and how... it actually is suppose to work and what it is supposed to do. When I started this machine and maneuvered it around the yard... with the bucket up... it seemed to be jerky like when I went to turn it but not all of the time. Is this the way it is supposed to feel and work? I understand that we are talking... a BIG difference from my 1971 to this 2015 machine, but I just thought it just a weird feeling on how it responded and what it did.

All in all, the machine is... in fantastic shape except for what I have mentioned, but I think I can remedy this with a little TLC. I pull started it with ease and the Briggs ran fine. The price also seems good. I did read some comments about fuel tank capacity getting smaller and about the axle position being changed. Is there cause for concern? What year did these areas change?

So can you guys give me some pointers and a bit of an education on this machine?

Thanks...
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Zavie liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 08:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 21
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 62
Auto turn can feel a bit jerky at some times. Try turning by pushing sideways on the handles instead of pushing / pulling. That usually seems to make it turn better. As far as I know, the axle never moved on the Pro models, only the others.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 02:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 97
Likes (Given): 54
Likes (Received): 98
The Pro machines do not have the AutoTurn issues that some owners of other Ariens models complain about. Ariens noted this and figured it was the balance (weight on bucket compared to weight on wheels) of the Pro models that made the difference. So about 2017 or so Ariens changed the wheel axle location (moved it forward) of most other models to match the relative position of the Pro models and their balance. Most people like the change. So you have no worries with the Pro you are thinking of buying. Using the Ariens low friction plastic skid shoes rather than the steel high friction skid shoes also resolves the possible squirelly straight line performance of AutoTurn.

The AutoTurn locks both drive wheels for maximum traction in a straight line and releases the lock to a certain extent as the operator moves the handlebars to make a turn. As the machine turns the inside wheel to the turn slows down and the outside wheel speeds up to make the turn. If you do not make a smooth turn and change the relative wheel speed in the turn the AutoTurn will lock a little. You soon get used to that. On my machine there are lots of clicks when making a turn. AutoTurn should be very easy to use on your Pro and will be reliable and you will love it.

The B&S uses a 6 liter gas tank and no changes made. I think for this coming season Ariens are dropping the B&S engine in favour of the LCT engine of 420cc which has the small gas tank of 3 liters (0.8 US gallons) same as my 414cc LCT engine (before I upgraded to the B&S 6 liter tank). These engines are no more fuel efficient than any other big OHV engine.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Zavie liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page