Snowblower Forum banner

Belt upgrade on an older Ariens like the ST1032?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tom Syversen 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If your machine is eating belts, either your buying the wrong belts, or you have a misaligned idler pulley, or a worn or bent idler bracket, or the main shaft double pulley is not in alignment with the drive belt system or bucket belt system.

No way should a machine be "eating" belts .. there has to be a reason.

#4 ·
Of course something is wrong, and I know my "auger plate is not in its best shape and thats why it eats belts. A new disk is 70 dollars, pluss 70 dollar for shipping(used parts are almost more expensive ;( So now I can see if I can do an upgrade. The 10 hp is a tough motor so a double pulley for the auger would be great.

This may not be what your looking for exactly, but it happens with older Ariens and only costs $0.20 to try.

https://youtu.be/81FOs8otCQs
Will do this if mine has that "nobb";)
Thanks

#5 ·
I have a ST1027LE that I upgraded the double pulley and now have a St11626 PRO I wanted to upgrade but there isn’t room for the double in this blower so I’m staying with the single pulley, Just make sure there is enough clearance before you spend the money.

#7 ·
looks like its a lost cause.

well, everything is super expensive to order here to Norway due to shipping costs, and norwegian sellers have matched prices to almost the exact, pluss pluss. So keeping and maintaining this old machines is almost no point.

A DELUXE ST 28 costs aprox 2900 dollars here in Norway, and around 1300$ in USA;( I love the Ariens but;(

#6 ·
Parts are hella expensive if there are no aftermarket suppliers.

Plastic flange bushing $7, chute $150, plastic chute gear $40, chute crank $40, ... Prices are ridiculous. People just grab them on the street and then sell them for a ton of money.

A good used Ariens snowblower is like $500, if you look around. Parts on the other hand are way too pricey.

My snowblower came without chute. The previous owner probably took it out for used part. I can't believe it.

I don't usually go with OEM parts on snowblowers. For the belts, I know they must be kevlar. The auger belts should be raw (rubber surface). The drive belt can be raw, or wrapped. Wrapped is better for the drive belt. Wrapped belts last longer, but they don't have that much grip.

#8 ·
Agree, prices are ridiculous...Sheave 07307000 is 40$ skinny metalplate jizz. a nut, screw, or any other tiny bit is all 5.5 $, chute clamp 11$. But biggest problem for me is the shipping. Parts cost what they cost, but shipping doubles the price, and on top we must pay import tax, and toll fee. end up being same price as ordering thru a norwegian pro seller. SOMEONE IS MAKING BUTT LOADS OM CASH;(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.