Snowblower Forum banner

FREE Ariens for Newbie

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  orangputeh 
#1 ·
Free Ariens 10000 Series Machine for anyone New looking for a Servicable Project to Tinker with. Machine is NOT For the "Usual Suspects", only for someone New to the Hobby. located central Ma. PM if interested

#2 ·
have done this a couple times. advertised a free Honda to the mechanically inclined only to have it come back to bite me for the simplest reasons . no matter how i tried to explain in the ad.....mechanic only machine , new mechanic , mechanically inclined only , ready for junkyard type snowblower but to the right person may give you a couple more winters.......

people LOVE free no matter what and may get mad at you cause it broke down.

not all the time but since it has happened to me a couple times now I'll even sell the junk for 25-50 bucks minimum . still I gave away a Honda HS80 just last month. the new owner complained about something and wants me to drive 25 miles to his house to fix it.

just can't help some people with charity

Reactions: Jackmels
#3 ·
Nice way to get more people into fixing Jack, However er are NOT usual at all, we are UNusual suspects ....... As for people coming back when I give things away, They are put AS-IS and if they ever called complaining I would just tell them I told them about all the issues when they paid me, They would then say it was free and with that I would ask then why are you calling me?

#4 · (Edited)
I got a free snowblower. It ended up costing me $200 to fix and modify it.

I bought another used Ariens for back up, but it will become my main working horse. It also has many worn out components.

Used is used. Most people don't take care of their snowblowers. It is the main reason why they are on the market.

There are fix and flip people out there. They would be more than happy to have them for free. To fix and restore them properly, it costs a lot.

Why would people complaint when it is free? I did not complaint.

#5 ·
Jack Mels is a stand-up guy! Today, he gave me a free Ariens Sno-Thro. It started right up and he drove it up the ramps into my pick-up truck. His driveway entrance is right at the bottom of a sharp bend in the road with cars coming around the blind corner at speed. Jack got out in the middle of the road to stop the cars so that I could safely exit his place.

If you need any snowblower or lawnmower service work done, Jack's facility is set up to do good work (especially if you have an older Ariens Sno-Thro). I saw quite a few used (but servicable) old Ariens machines on his property. He has a killer 32" Ariens with a 6-blade impeller and big tractor drive with heavy steel skid shoes. If you're servicing your own Sno-Thro then Jack can probably get you a used part from his impressive "boneyard collection" of old Sno-Thros.

He can also do an impeller blade tip modification on your snowblower using good quality WCCO 2-ply baler belting material and 3/8" threaded fasteners. It's the same mod as the Clarence impeller kit but he knows how to properly run in the belting material so it doesn't stall out your engine. This mod will increase your snow throwing distance by up to 40% and it also reduces potential for slush accumulation and discharge chute plugging inside the impeller housing.

#6 ·
Jack Mels is a stand-up guy! Today, he gave me a free Ariens Sno-Thro. It started right up and he drove it up the ramps into my pick-up truck. His driveway entrance is right at the bottom of a sharp bend in the road with cars coming around the blind corner at speed. Jack got out in the middle of the road to stop the cars so that I could safely exit his place.

If you need any snowblower or lawnmower service work done, Jack's facility is set up to do good work (especially if you have an older Ariens Sno-Thro). I saw quite a few used (but servicable) old Ariens machines on his property. He has a killer 32" Ariens with a 6-blade impeller and big tractor drive with heavy steel skid shoes. If you're servicing your own Sno-Thro then Jack can probably get you a used part from his impressive "boneyard collection" of old Sno-Thros.

He can also do an impeller blade tip modification on your snowblower using good quality WCCO 2-ply baler belting material and 3/8" threaded fasteners. It's the same mod as the Clarence impeller kit but he knows how to properly run in the belting material so it doesn't stall out your engine. This mod will increase your snow throwing distance by up to 40% and it also reduces potential for slush accumulation and discharge chute plugging inside the impeller housing.

Always Nice to Meet Another Forum Member. Thanks for the Accolades. Hope You Put the Machine to Good Use!

#7 ·
Yes Jack is a great guy and has quite the setup and always ready to help.

Reactions: Jackmels
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.