post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
lnh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Became a Ariens Owner

Recently received my new snowblower... Platinum 24 SHO (921050). I have to say Ariens customer support seems amazing. Went to register my machine on the website only to find the dealer already did that. I created a user account and sent a support request to have my machine serial number associated with my login. Within 10 minutes of posting the request I received a phone call from Ariens. Also turned out the extended warranty wasn't in place as the dealer put the sales date when they delivered the machine rather than when it was purchased. A free extended warranty was available during the purchase date period. The rep fixed that right up as well.

I'm coming from a 25 year old Honda HS828 which I'm fixing up and will either sell or keep as a backup. The HS828 is the only machine I've previously used, but expect I'll get use to a standard disc transmission in no time. Just some different muscle memory to learn.

Without question both Ariens and Honda make nice equipment, but my personal biases led me to Ariens. Certainly other users may value the aspects of Honda I see as "cons" to be "pros" for them. I was attracted to the more straight forward design of the Ariens. A new Honda would have been almost 2x the price and didn't like the battery based electric start (vs AC which is rarely needed), relatively slow motor operated chute (vs simple mechanical linkage) and lack of heated handgrips. With the increasing frequency of wet snow we are seeing, the Ariens also has more power (369cc vs 270cc) and capacity (73 tons/hr vs 57 tons/hr). Honda has also had some users reporting issues with wet snow clogging the machines which has led to a chute redesign and on this forum many users suggest re-jetting the engine to improve power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-13-2019, 07:12 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 90
Likes (Given): 398
Likes (Received): 184
Welcome to the forum and to the Ariens Team. Feel free to post some pics of that shiny new snowblower when you get the chance.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks 1132le thanked for this post
post #3 of 3 Old 10-13-2019, 07:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 274
Likes (Given): 376
Likes (Received): 923
Thumbs up

Enjoy your new machine!

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in