Snowblower Forum banner

212cc Predator Oil Cap

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Ariensboy 
#1 ·
I want to replace the plastic oil fill cap with a metal flat head. Does anyone know what the size and threads are for this? I'm doing the chute crank mod on a Arien's 10965. I did the tilt mod on the star wheel (sprocket type ) drive and the plastic cap handle is in the way. I could grind it down, but prefer to change out for metal one. Thanks

#2 ·
I did that same mod when I put a Predator on one of my Ariens, and do not remember replacing that side oil filler cap.

I do recall using a 1/2 inch copper pipe attached to the handlebar to slide the crank handle shaft through to lower it a bit. I think that was this same unit?

Ill go down to my shop later and snap a photo and post it here.

#4 ·
Thanks for the pictures. Yes, you did the same mod as I'm doing. I just want to get that plug out of the way and thought a flat cap would do the trick! Do you think if I take the cap to home depot they might have what I'm looking for...or is this a special thread? I will add rod and u-joint to bring handle up to user. Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.