Snowblower Forum banner

Thoughts on this model 624E - Plastic Wheels?

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  paulm12 
#1 ·
Guy has this for sale < $100. Belt guard is missing and I see it is no longer available and I can't find it used either. Is this a cheaper Ariens with the plastic wheels? Any quick feedback would be great. Looking at it tomorrow morning.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Spend a few More Bucks for More Machine. That Machine is a "Toy". I'd suggest a 924 series Ariens w/8hp or More.

#3 ·
If that machine is running and working properly, yes, 100.00 is certainly fair in my opinion.

You can fashion a new belt cover with a plastic 5 gal. pail, some tin sheet metal and a rivet gun (or use all tin sheet metal) along with some black spray paint. I'm not aware of your skill level, but that would be an easy job. Amazing what you can do with some sheet metal and a rivet gun.

#4 ·
Not so sure that has the plastic wheels on it, As for the cover yes you can make one but there are many repair shops that have parts laying around, I think I may even have one that would fit. will have to take a look.

#5 ·
If you don't have a snowblower and it's this or shovel? This is the best machine on the market in a snow storm! The BEST!

It's well worth $100.

I've done many a 25" snow with a 5hp Tecumseh.

If it has plastic wheels, they will leak and you'll need to put a tube in.

Is this an OHV engine? Strong.

#7 ·
I don't think those are plastic rims, because the tires are x-trac newer style. That snowblower is like an Ariens snow-tek. Don't underestimated it. I rather have it in light snow conditions. Most two stages snowblowers out there are 6-8hp and 12" impeller. This snowblower is all metal, plus it has electric start. You can't find many snowblowers like that for $100. It is no wonder why it was sold quick. I see rust, so it is extra works. People want the biggest and baddest. You don't need that to get the job done.

#8 ·
All, thank you for the quick replies. I went and looked at it and decided to pass. The wheels were metal not plastic, there was a little bit of rust on them. The bucket had some extensive rust that had gone all the way through on the lower corners. I could also tell the bolts were loose holding the bucket to the mid-section so some work had been done on it.

All was not lost. I bought a 2016 22" toro self-propelled lawn mower mower from him that need a carb cleaning for $20. Currently being sold at Home Depot for $329. Pretty happy about that!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.