Snowblower Forum banner

Help with locating choke.

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jsherrod 
#1 ·
Hi I recently acquired a older ariens sno-thro it’s roughly a 1980 924050 model. It has the sticker on the heat box that says pull to choke. Does this mean that the choke is behind the cover if so will I have to pull that before every operation to choke it and unchoke? Thanks for the help in advance!

#2 ·
Yes, there is usually a thin wire rod that attaches to the choke lever on the carburetor, and attaches and comes out on the engine pulley cover.

I just replaced a new carburetor on my 924, and used one with a front facing choke lever, with the bowl drain and bowl adjustments, so I just modified the heater box and attached an extended lever to the choke linkage ... I,m going back down to my workshop, I'll snap a picture and post it.

#6 ·
Depending on the weather, the choke will be shut off usually pretty quick ..... the engine will tell you when it starts to falter.

It could just be a lose exhaust, bad gasket, or bad muffler. I don't know what loud is to you? ... I always wear ear muffs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.