post #1 of 3 Old 10-29-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
924117 Heated Grips

Howdy!
First post here. I have a 924117 (1024 Pro) that I bought new in 2002 for the lovely snows we get here on the northern MN. It has been a wonderful machine and truly hasn't let me down.

My right heated grip died. What is the best way to remove the old grip so I can replace it? I think I see a rivet that is holding it on - is that what it is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-31-2019, 02:37 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 38
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 38
Likes (Received): 177
Garage
Welcome to the Snowblower Forum Slim !!!

924117..... My favorite 24" Machine !!!

First you need to determine if it is burnt out. They are wired in SERIES which means if one is BAD ... BOTH will NOT work.
Disconnect both grips from the harness, use an ohm meter or continuity tester and test both wires to see if you get a reading of a circuit / continuity.... or no reading. No reading means grip is BAD, if you get a reading the grip is good. Test both grips to see if they have a reading, if they both are good you will need to see where the fault lies elsewhere.
If one or both of the grips are bad carefully drill out the rivet, be cautious to Not drill the hole bigger than it is already.
With the grip unplugged from the harness try to twist it off while pulling on it.
If unsuccessful by pulling... carefully cut the grip off with a sharp razor blade, make a single slice down the legnth of the grip, and twist & pull to remove.
Clean the handle and install following instructions that come with the new grip.

Let us know how you make out.

Ariens 24" 910962 7HP
Ariens 24" 924117 Modified Pro 342cc / 15.50 GT.. Currently Under Construction and testing trials commenced .......
Ariens 32" 924044 Modified Pro 342cc / 16.50 GT
Ariens / Troy Bilt 36" Frankenblower 16HP
~~ And Lastly ~~
Ariens 32" 924??? Double auger & impeller 14HP v-twin BEAST !!!
Plans are being drafted, parts are accumulating in the pile......
post #3 of 3 Old 10-31-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I checked them with a multi-meter. The left grip measure 3 ohms, the right one is open. Iíll order a new one today and post back.

I love my machine - . In 17 years of ownership, Iíve replaced the carb once at 16 years, the belts three times and the disc twice. Other than oil changes, greasing and basic adjustments, it has been hassle free.

Where I live we get around 100Ē of snow a year so it has been a valuable tool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page