Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens re-power UP AND RUNNING

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  GustoGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello friends!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you!

I have a Arien's 1969 10,000 series model 910965 with a 10995 bucket. On the last storm last year I blew up the 5 hp Tec. The throttle stuck open and she sound like a bucket of bolts. So after having her since 1977 I wasn't ready to say goodbye. So I went looking on the internet and found sscotsman's wonderful SnowblowerForum!. There I found like minded people that like to help others. Well, with the help of many here, I was able to install the 212cc Predator. I still have things I want to do next spring like impeller kit and paint.
So, today was the day. Here in Michigan just north of the Motor City we got our first snow storm. We got about 8+" plus on the wet side, temp 29-30. The re-power worked perfectly, but I need the impeller kit.
When I was Sno-Thro- ing today I said, I had to tell you all Thank you for helping me keep her for many more years to come!

#2 ·
The 212cc HF Predator has re-powered many snowblowers here on the forum. I have 2 of them on snowblowers and 2 of them on minibikes. Compared to the original Tecumseh 5hp the Predator 212cc is a great running and extremely reliable and powerful engine. I re-powered my MTD in 2012 and I been enjoying it much more now that it is a reliable running machine since the Tecumseh 5hp was the least reliable engine I ever owned. I used to spend more time just getting it up and running than I do now blowing snow.

#4 ·
GustoGuy

That's good news about the reliability of this engine. I see you live in Minnesota. Did you do the re-jetting thing? My Predator ran good and strong in 29 degree temperature. But, how does it run in cold Minnesota?
Thanks

#3 ·
Great news Ariensboy,

I have 2 of the 10,000 series, and I can attest, they are great machines and built rock solid and easy to work on. As you already know, I just rebuilt one, the 10M4, from ground up, and that one I put a B&S on it with electric start for the wife when she was alive. My other 10,000 series is a 10M6 which I put on the Predator engine years ago. Very reliable engine, even operates better than the Briggs. If I ever need a repower in the future, I will certainly be putting on the 99.00 Predator, …. a no brainer.

#5 ·
Hi Oneacer

Yes, I did watch your beautiful restoration. Have you had a chance to use it yet? Thanks for your help in my re-powering, So sorry about your wife....

#7 ·
@Ariensboy,

Thank you ….

I did not use the restored 10M4 in snow yet, as we have not had any here in CT yet. I just ran it through its paces on the grass, :) … , eagerly waiting for the white stuff. I never thought I would be looking for it to snow, but I have a few other machines as well that I fixed this past summer for their inaugural first run. … :)

#10 ·
I'm sure you'll have a lot of opportunities to use it. The question is, do you want it scratched after all that hard work!
I saw pictures of your fleet, very nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.