1332LE chute issue - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-26-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 13
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
1332LE chute issue

I've been fighting this issue for a couple years now and need to get it fixed before we are knee deep in snow. I have a 1332 LE blower that the chute won't stay in place where I direct it. It will on the far left but not the rest. I've taken it apart and have looked at the parts diagram. When I assemble it per the diagram the spring does nothing. Does it hook to some place to help bring the locking arm in to the gear? It's not clear on the diagram and as assembled it does nothing to help hold the chute. I've searched the forum but can't seen to find the answer or this question in general. Any help would be great.
ed in cny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 11-26-2019, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 943
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 114
Likes (Received): 157
Garage
I am not familiar with the Ariens 1332LE but my Platinum 30 SHO has a quick shift chute with a locking arm. Attached are pics of my locking assembly and the relevant parts diagram. If that is similar to yours then perhaps I can help.

Note that part #8 is the twin blade locking lever, that can get bent if the chute is hit hard (in my case a rail of a handicapped ramp). When the twin blade locking lever is bent so the blades are not parallel then the lock will not function properly as you describe. You should be able to see if the locking lever actually engages the lock ring gears as you move the chute around.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chute locking lever spring mount.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	159689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ariens Platinum chute control parts.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	159691  

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
Town is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 11-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: ma
Posts: 1,288
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 223
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed in cny View Post
I've been fighting this issue for a couple years now and need to get it fixed before we are knee deep in snow. I have a 1332 LE blower that the chute won't stay in place where I direct it. It will on the far left but not the rest. I've taken it apart and have looked at the parts diagram. When I assemble it per the diagram the spring does nothing. Does it hook to some place to help bring the locking arm in to the gear? It's not clear on the diagram and as assembled it does nothing to help hold the chute. I've searched the forum but can't seen to find the answer or this question in general. Any help would be great.

I had 2004 1332le but had the newer style bucket year switch over think it was 924128
if you have that you need to get the washers on in the right order for it to work right 1 is a Lil coarse that does the holding then adjust spting pressure
you can Google 924128 for the manual that shows proper assembly
1132le is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 11-26-2019, 06:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 943
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 114
Likes (Received): 157
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1132le View Post
I had 2004 1332le but had the newer style bucket year switch over think it was 924128
if you have that you need to get the washers on in the right order for it to work right 1 is a Lil coarse that does the holding then adjust spting pressure
you can Google 924128 for the manual that shows proper assembly
I looked around for what a 1332Le would look like. The one I found was in a video of a 926 model and had the same type of remote chute and chute control as my Platinum 30 SHO. The Ariens parts manual for all the 926 models show the remote chute with chute locking mechanism like my machine.

I checked the 924128 and it does not seem to have the remote chute control. I do find the Ariens model designations confusing, so I may be mistaken.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
Town is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 11-26-2019, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: ma
Posts: 1,288
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 223
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town View Post
I looked around for what a 1332Le would look like. The one I found was in a video of a 926 model and had the same type of remote chute and chute control as my Platinum 30 SHO. The Ariens parts manual for all the 926 models show the remote chute with chute locking mechanism like my machine.

I checked the 924128 and it does not seem to have the remote chute control. I do find the Ariens model designations confusing, so I may be mistaken.

I don't see where he Mentions remote chute


https://www.manualslib.com/manual/94...page=22#manual


page 22 figure 17
1132le is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ma.
Posts: 2,246
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 127
Thanks (Received): 195
Likes (Given): 469
Likes (Received): 816
When I run into this, I add an Additional Spring. I Hook it in the hole of the Bronze part(#8), and then go around the bracket behind it, which adds force to keep it locked in place. It's Not "Factory" but it Works.
Jackmels is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 11-26-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 13
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
I managed to correct the issue, YAHOO. I took a needle nose vice grip and pulled the ends together. Placing the ends up I managed to mount the spring and other hardware in place. I then released the pliers and it sprung into place like it should. One end up on the back of the locking arm and the front up against the front plate of the stand. It works and looks just like the earlier pictures that were posted (thanks). I had to adjust the cable to get it to work as it should. Thanks for all your help guys.
ed in cny is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 11-27-2019, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 943
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 114
Likes (Received): 157
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1132le View Post
I don't see where he Mentions remote chute


https://www.manualslib.com/manual/94...page=22#manual


page 22 figure 17
Sorry for the confusion on terms.

I use the term "remote chute" to differentiate the handle gear drive of olden days (as seen on my old 70's blower and the deluxe models and 924 models as well) from the chute used on the 926 model and the Platinum and Pro models. I will need to change my terminology since it is obviously confusing.

The link that you provided showed the gear drive of the 924 model which is much the same as the deluxe models. These do not have the chute lock feature that the OP described in his/her first post as a problem. The 926 models have that chute locking feature. The OP described fixing the chute lock by adjusting the locking arm and re-positioning the spring and adjusting the release cable. That system is so fast and precise it is a joy to use when working properly, not so much if not working properly.

Hope all is good now.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
Town is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 12-02-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 13
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Well I got to test my work on the chute. Right out of the garage it didn't work. Will have to get time to get it back apart and see what's up. For what it's worth first snowfall of the season and the blower worked well other than the chute. Got to figure the chute issue out so I don't have to go through this season dealing with it.
ed in cny is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 12-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 943
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 114
Likes (Received): 157
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed in cny View Post
Well I got to test my work on the chute. Right out of the garage it didn't work. Will have to get time to get it back apart and see what's up. For what it's worth first snowfall of the season and the blower worked well other than the chute. Got to figure the chute issue out so I don't have to go through this season dealing with it.
Is the problem the same as before, or is it different. The locking lever ends must be able to lock into the gear. Can you take a picture or two of the control? Just need to remove the black cover and take a few pics at different angles in close-up.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
Town is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome